Legal Officer (3 Positions)
Jobs at:dfcu Bank
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Legal Manager, the role holder will be responsible for providing legal support to the various functions of the Bank including litigation, debt recovery, contract, and general legal advisory services.
• Provide legal advisory services to the various departments of the Bank.
• Monitor and advise on all matters arising from the routine operations of the Bank with the potential of developing into litigation and provide legal advice to the business units on legal issues arising in their various areas of operation to forestall any practices that could lead to avoidable litigation.
• Implement the litigation strategy as advised by the Legal Manager, Litigation.
• Support with provision of oversight over the Bank’s litigation portfolio, to ensure effective implementation of the agreed litigation strategy, policies, processes, and guidelines in the management of cases by and against the Bank.
• Attend Court on behalf of the Bank and follow up legal and litigation related issues and recommend appropriate legal interventions for given litigation problems.
• Provide proactive support to the Bank’s recovery teams in the management of delinquent accounts.
• To recommend, develop and carryout required legal training of various bank units.
• To take on other responsibilities in the Legal Department as shall be designated.
• Provide support to the Chief Legal Officer/ Company Secretary.
• Supporting documentation and contracting of the Bank.
Qualifications, Experience And Competencies Required:
• Bachelor of Law Degree.
• Post graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
• Enrolled Advocate of High Court and subordinate Courts.
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a busy law firm or commercial institution with extensive exposure to banking and finance transactions.
• Experience in management of litigation and recoveries.
• Demonstrated experience in contract negotiation and drafting.
• Exposure to credit operations, documentation, and perfection.
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and critical analysis skills.
• Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to give timely and accurate legal opinions and advice.
• Ability to manage time and pressure effectively to ensure optimum results.
• Self-motivated, result oriented, timely and appropriate decision making.
• Requires minimum supervision.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills and mature disposition to be able to deal with internal stakeholders, clients, and service providers directly as the need arises.
• Ability to keep abreast of changes in the legal requirements, banking industry, market, and use developments to offer legal solutions to changing business opportunities and threats.
• Good grasp and in-depth knowledge of the principles and laws governing banking & finance, corporate law, leasing/asset finance, land, mortgages, security realization, among others.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 22nd July 2022 to the email address indicated below.
• [email protected]
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.