2 Road Inspectors
Jobs at:Ministry of Works and Transport
Deadline of this Job:
06 June 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to: Project Engineer
No. of Vacancies: Two (2)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract duration: One year renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Job Purpose: To supervise the construction of roads
• Construction works supervised;
• Weekly supervision reports produced;
• Quality assessment reports produced;
• Minutes of site meetings prepared; and
• Work measurement sheets prepared.
• To conduct onsite supervision of road works in progress and completed projects to ensure compliance with standards and contract specifi cations;
• To prepare measurement sheets for works executed by the contractor;
• To record minutes of site meetings and keep site records;
• To prepare weekly progress reports notify contractor of any required corrections or necessary clean up;
• To work with contractor on testing of compaction, density or pound testing to ensure prescribed wearing course/base/sub-base contents;
• To ensure implementation of instructions issued to contractors;
• To gather fi eld data for a variety of engineering uses in planning;
• To train contract workers as needed on the project assigned; and
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors from time to time.
Person Minimum Specifications
Applicants should be Ugandans by nationality with;
• At least an ordinary Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution;
• Three (3) years relevant working experience from a reputable organization; and
• Must have knowledge in computer applications.
Project management; Time management; Records and information management; and concern for quality and standards.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Works and Transport and delivered to the security registry, Ministry headquarters not later than 6 June 2022.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Late submissions SHALL NOT be accepted.