University Partnerships’ Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
04 March 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NASE ( http://www.nase.co.ug ) is a Social Enterprise set up in 2015 to promote entrepreneurship, initially at vocational colleges and higher education institutions. NASE’s mission has since expanded to include stimulating socio-economic development in the wider community. To achieve this, NASE works with local and international development Partners to deliver our Annual “Leap Conference” and the soon to be launched “Launch Programme” – an inspiring programme that focus on supporting youth to address issues in the UN Sustainable Development Goals through Idea stimulation, Selection & Business incubation.
NASE is looking to welcome an enthusiastic, Pro-Active and all rounded University Partnerships’ Coordinator to join in supporting student-led entrepreneurship activities amongst colleges and universities across the country. This is an incredibly rewarding role, working with innovative, creative and passionate students in creating the next entrepreneurial generation. This role offers an opportunity to successful applicants to develop across a variety of areas such as;
• Student engagement
• StartUp / Entrepreneurship
• Project management and delivery
• Events management
• Being a recognised integral part of our national network.
The key projects for this year and beyond include starting and sustaining enterprise societies in universities or colleges through NASE’s ‘Advanced’ network, delivering specific membership services to member institutions and maintaining a community of students and university staff engaged in enterprise across different regions. We welcome applications from bright, energetic people who are passionate about enterprise and the difference it can make to the lives of young people.
• Are you passionate about start-ups, working with people and building communities?
• Do you have discipline, integrity and pay attention to detail?
• Are you great at building relationships and maintaining them?
• Are you organised and possess sound knowledge about the local entrepreneurship / start-up ecosystem?
• Do you want to join us in empowering young entrepreneurs in Uganda and drive NASE to the next level? .
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be the NASE point of contact for all Universities & Vocational Colleges signed up to our programmes.
• Develop target Colleges and Universities to approach and strategies for signing them up.
• Take the lead on our Annual Leap Conference – the premier conference for budding entrepreneurs at Higher Education Institutions across the whole country.
• Managing and developing relationships with enterprise societies and student entrepreneurs in supporting their growth, development, and sustainability.
• Developing a national community of enterprising students through regional events, especially our annual Leap Conference and IDEAthon.
• Contributing to and supporting product development for NASE’s programmes including developing resources to support student societies and new ways to run regional events.
• Representing NASE publicly at regional and national levels, including Government.
• Working across NASE as an organisation and supporting all aspects of the business.
• Supporting needs in relation to Online, Membership, Events, promote opportunities online, and obtain vital data from the network.
• Develop and curate engaging content for webinars, conferences, workshops and show cases at different Higher Education Institutions.
• Assist the business development team in writing business development related materials including flyers, one pagers, capacity statements, proposals.
• Supporting mapping of activities for Donor Engagement
• Communicating regularly to the NASE’s Executive Director on project deliverables, including collecting data for impact evaluation.
• Competitive salary based on your experience.
• Regular travel for events around the country with the opportunity to interact with young entrepreneurs from all over the country.
• Business related expenses covered (airtime, travel, internet)
• Working with a young, exciting and motivated team
• Mentorship from pioneers in the entrepreneurship space.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Education to a bachelor’s degree level, such as Commerce, Entrepreneurship, Business Management or related field, plus a graduate level qualification (e.g. MBA) or substantial equivalent experience in a business support environment.
• Ability to work and build relationships with a range of partners, stakeholders and external clients and contractors.
• Proven work experience as a sales/ business development/ relationship manager.
• A good knowledge of standard Microsoft packages (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Attention to detail & excellent analytical skills.
• Willingness and availability to attend evening events, if required.
• Self-motivated & ability to work under little or no supervision.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• To apply, prepare your CV and a Cover Letter (not exceeding 150 words).
• Follow this link https://forms.gle/cA7P66zfsAcZAmCQ7 to fill in the application form and upload your CV and Cover Letter.
• For further information, please visit http://www.nase.co.ug or contact [email protected]