*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide overall leadership in delivering high quality, sustainable funding that supports World Vision Uganda (WVU) to realise its mission and objectives in line with its strategy; Our promise 2030. The Senior Resource Development Manager will take lead in the strategic sourcing of funds from various donors like the EC, USAID, AusAID, KOICA etc. as well as private donors and develop and achieve fundraising targets.
- Develop and maintain a Resource Development Business Plan to guide strategic interactions with potential donors and partners.
- Proactively build strong networks and relationships with key donors.
- Represent WVU to donors, both informally and formally, including giving presentations on behalf of WVU, as required.
- Represent WVU in negotiations with donors over grant contracts etc.
- Maintain a strong overall awareness of donor trends (both globally and for Uganda specifically) and awareness of specific, relevant grant opportunities.
- Facilitate and coordinate interactions between WVU colleagues (including technical specialists and senior leadership) and key donor representatives, as appropriate.
- Engage with WV Support Offices in order to support their donor interactions in global capitals.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and disseminate information resources (e.g. fact sheets, capacity statements, situation reports) that can enhance donor engagement.
Networking, External Coordination and Relationships:
In addition to donor relationships above, the jobholder will:
- Collaborate with colleagues (especially technical specialists) to ensure effective networking through and information flow from inter-agency fora, including refugee sector working groups and government ministry working groups. This will include direct participation in such fora from time to time.
- Collaborate with colleagues (especially technical specialists) to ensure effective bilateral engagement with key government ministries.
- Proactively develop strong relationships with counterparts at peer NGOs, UN agencies, and other organisations in order to facilitate information sharing, enhance intelligence gathering on donor opportunities and identify potential partnerships for grant applications.
- Proactively develop strong relationships with World Vision Support Offices with a view to identifying new funding opportunities from private fundraising sources.
- Represent WVU within the global organization as focal point for Grant Acquisition & Management, interacting with other World Vision offices including in the East Africa Region (EARO), Brussels and Geneva offices, and Global Centre.
- Lead the development and submission of winning funding applications (approximately 50 applications annually) in accordance with WVU Grant Acquisition Procedures and related best practices. This shall include day-to-day coordination of a team of (Senior) Business Development Officers and, from time to time, direct writing of proposals.
- Make timely recommendations to Senior Leadership Team on grant opportunities, which should be pursued.
- Ensure strong collaboration with World Vision Support Offices on relevant funding opportunities.
- Ensure strong coordination with other departments within WVU on proposal development, notably technical specialists, operations division and finance.
- Engage additional resources from within the World Vision International partnership, as necessary, in order to enhance proposal development. This may include technical specialists, grant writers (where surge capacity is needed) or other contributors.
- Manage a team of 3 staff ensuring high performance management, capacity building and teamwork.
- Provide leadership in facilitating a high performance management culture, open trustworthy staff relationships and integrity to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability.
- Lead recruitment processes, as required.
- Contribute, as required, to development and implementation of the WVU National Strategy, particularly giving advice from the perspective of latest donor trends.
- Collaborate strongly with Operations/Programmes division for smooth handover of awarded grants so as to ensure effective start-up of implementation.
- Provide ongoing advice to Operations/Programmes division, as required, on issues relating to donor regulations and relationships.
- Maintain a general overview of the implementation status of existing grant projects so as to be able to effectively communicate with donors, as required.
- As a senior staff member, participate in and actively support the overall leadership of the Programme Quality division.
- Be flexible to undertake additional tasks, from time to time, in order to enhance the overall performance of the Programme Quality division and WVU in general.
- Contribute to effective information management and information flows. This shall include provision of all relevant inputs into the Horizon information system and provision of necessary management reports within WVU and EARO.
- Ensure quality management of departmental budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A university level degree in a relevant field (masters is preferred).
- At least 5 years of experience in programme design and/or proposal development. Significant experience of government donor relations and fundraising is essential.
- Well informed on latest trends in grants sector.
- Excellent writing skills.
- People management skills. Strong interpersonal and networking skills to work cross organizationally and with different cultures.
- Results oriented leader with the ability to handle a heavy work load, manage and satisfy multiple conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other key partners.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate leadership and team building ability.
- Ability to provide spiritual leadership to the team.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.