Senior Manager Revenue Assurance & Fraud Management
Deadline of this Job:
12 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
To lead the retained organization of Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management in managing the risk of revenue leakage within MTN Uganda.
Main Job Functions:
• Input to and implementation of Group RAFM strategy for Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management within MTN operations
• Oversight and management of Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management activities for various stakeholders within the MTN operation – including the OPCO Chief Executive, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Committee, Audit Committee, and various internal functional stakeholders.
• Implementation of the target retained organization RAFM structure within the MTN operation, including recruitment, competency assessment, training and succession management.
• Ownership and oversight of the internal control environment relating to revenues, cost of sales and margins within the MTN operation.
• Engagement with, support for and oversight of the primary control owners and their control environment, required to support the Combined Assurance Model for the principal risk of Revenue Leakage.
• Planning and supporting the changing internal control environment, ensuring proactive responses and input to adjacent business, proposition and technical changes within the MTN operation, in order to ensure the primary and secondary RAFM control framework remains relevant and adequate.
• Contributing to the improvement in awareness and engagement required at all levels in the MTN OPCO environments to achieve a revenue responsible organization.
• Oversight of the identification, communication and management of RAFM issue resolution and closure that have been identified by the RAFM SSC internal control environment, ensuring all levels of management are aware of the relevant risks and resolutions.
• Support and comply with Group RAFM reporting standards to ensure risk and performance information is standardized, aligned, and consistent with industry set standards and best practise.
• Work with the MTN RAFM Centre of Excellence to design, implement and continually improve policies, process and best practice relating to Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management.
• Contribute to and ownership of the compliance with regulatory and audit requirements in relation to Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management within the MTN Operation.
• Working with the Centre of Excellence technical team to define the requirement of RAFM technology functionality that supports reconciliation, re-performance, testing, reporting, incident management and knowledge management.
• Ensuring the support and management of the RAFM technology is functional and optimal within the MTN operation.
• Lead and represent the MTN RAFM retained organization at Group and industry committees and forums. Actively participate in forums at which new standards and developments are in discussion or under consideration and assess impact on the Groups RAFM standards, reporting, policies and financial results.
• Manage the MTN RAFM OPCO business planning, budgeting and quarterly forecast process. This includes the setting and managing of resourcing, investment and target approval.
• Ownership and management of the relationship between the OPCO RAFM team, SSH, COE and local executives, that includes contractual framework management, service level approval and monitoring, risk and issue management, performance review and ongoing engagement management.
• At least 2 years of leading a Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management organization in a Tier 3 telecommunications company
• At least 3 years of general people management
• At least 5 years in relevant sector/ industry relevant role
• Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise preferably in emerging markets
• Worked across diverse cultures and geographies
• Proven track record of business transformation ownership and delivery
• Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management
• Governance Legislation and regulations – King/Sarbannes Auxley/IFRS
• Telecommunications technology
• Audit training
• Risk management techniques
• Audit and Assurance – Control Design – Advanced Level
• Audit and Assurance – Planning – Intermediate Level
• Audit and Assurance – Control Evaluation – Intermediate Level
• Audit and Assurance – Internal and External Audit Management – Advanced Level
• Data Management and Analysis – Data Appreciation and Design – Advanced Level
• Data Management and Analysis – Information Extraction Techniques – Basic Level
• Data Management and Analysis – Data Modelling and Manipulation – Intermediate Level
• Technology Appreciation and Application – Network – Intermediate Level
• Operations Management – Control Operation Efficiency – Basic Level
• Operations Management – Control Output Interpretation – Advanced Level
• Operations Management – Problem Solving – Advanced Level
• Operations Management – Decision Making – Advanced Level
• Reporting and Measurement – Report Design and Modelling – Advanced Level
• Reporting and Measurement – Reporting Operational Effectiveness – Intermediate Level
• Reporting and Measurement – Decision Support and Reporting Communication – Intermediate Level
• Project and Change Management – Project Planning and Design – Advanced Level
• Project and Change Management – Project Delivery – Advanced Level
• Project and Change Management – Change Management and Assurance – Intermediate Level
• Finance and Accounting – Financial Accounting – Advanced Level
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For applications please visit: https://mtn.taleo.net/careersection/mtn_external_cs/moresearch.ftl