We Finance Progress.
Our goal is to make financing for everyday essentials accessible to everyone.
Our client's target customers are under-banked and those who struggle to save up or access credit . Instead of having to pay in full and upfront for an asset, the company allows customers to buy products over time by paying an initial deposit followed by daily micro installments payments for usage. The company has served more than 1 million customers in Africa and deployed over $400m in debt financing to support underbanked and unbanked customers. Products made available by our client include smartphones, solar lighting, TVs, and personal loans.
Our client is the pioneer and clear market leader in connected financing in Africa . The company has been recognized for its pioneering business mode and scale. Selected as Forbes magazine’s top 50 companies changing the world and named “The Smartest Company in Africa” by MIT’s 2017 list of the World’s 50 Smartest Companies.
Your Purpose: Your Role
As Senior Manager of Customer Retention, you will oversee Customer Retention activities across the Uganda business. You will lead a team of telesales agents and managers to achieve Customer Retention sales targets; you will manage the day-to-day operations of the team, team resourcing, sales lead management and prioritization, designing sales campaigns, and formulating operational strategies to achieve sales targets.
You will also help design and implement the longer-term initiatives required to achieve the strategic objectives for Customer Retention at the organization You will report directly to the GM of Uganda with a dotted line reporting to the Director of Business Development & Growth. You will be supported by a Manager of Operations who will assist in campaign execution and reporting.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the Uganda telesales team by inspiring, equipping, developing, and supporting telesales agents and managers to achieve sales targets and individual development goals. ? Design telesales campaigns by analyzing, segmenting, and organizing leads and by staffing campaigns effectively.
- Monitor campaign performance and take action / make changes as needed mid-campaign to achieve targets.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly reports on campaign and team performance metrics are maintained and accurate, to ensure transparency and to help manage performance. Provide input on the performance metrics and reporting we use.
- Design and continually improve sales pitches, closing techniques, and objection-handling. Ensure that the team is well trained and equipped to employ these techniques flawlessly. Design and implement quality assurance processes for sales pitches.
- Effectively communicate relevant changes to the team regarding product changes, pricing changes, target changes, commission changes, etc.; establish and manage an effective change management process within the team.
- Lead team resource planning; set hiring targets and recruit, hire and train additional telesales agents and managers as needed to support growing sales targets.
- Identify and implement operational and efficiency improvements on the team. ? Provide input in regular sessions with the GM of Uganda and/or the Director of BD & Growth to progress longer-term strategic initiatives for Customer Retention in Uganda (e.g., introducing new products, building new systems or tools for the telesales team, piloting new customer marketing campaigns, etc.).
- Serve as the ultimate expert and evangelist on the company's Customer Retention products, ensuring the team is excited to finance progress by selling the best products on the market. ? Ensure the team maintains high-quality standards, adheres to the company's policies & processes correctly, and always upholds the company’s consumer protection principles.
- Develop the company's next generation of leaders through coaching, mentoring, and learning & development initiatives on your team.
What We’re Looking For:
- You are passionate about our mission of making everyday essentials accessible to everyone ?
- You have 5+ years of work experience managing outbound telesales teams and/or call centers in Uganda
- You have a strong understanding of performance management for outbound telesales and/or call centers, including setting targets and commissions, assessing the quality of sales pitches/customer interactions, developing training materials, and managing KPIs such as dial rate, contact rate, right party contact (RPC), etc.
- You are customer-centric and love spending time with customers to understand their needs ?
- You have strong analytical skills to manage campaigns, analyze and improve performance, and derive data-driven recommendations
- You are excited to lead a big team and to inspire and develop your team members
- You are comfortable in fast-moving environments with frequent change and a sense of urgency to get the job done
- You have high integrity and openness, combined with a commitment to good governance ?
- You have strong organizational skills
- You are a collaborator
- You are highly motivated and have a strong sense of ownership
- Experience managing an outsourced call center or BPO preferred but not required
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section