Reports to (designation): Sales Head
The main purpose of the position:
Responsible for the planning and execution of the sales strategy and coordination of the Institutional/Project channel in order to achieve sales targets and the objectives of the Business Unit. Also tasked with the responsibility of growing and developing of Institutional domestic market for the new product lines.
Reporting into this position (designation and level)
Routine/Direct: Sales Engineers
Functional/Indirect: Customer Service Executives
• To ensure segment sales team attain the budgeted sales and deliver effective service to the customers.
• To meet Sales, Price Realisation, Collection, and Market Growth Targets as per the approved Monthly and Annual Budget.
• To ensure recovery of all the outstanding accounts within the agreed credit terms.
• To verify daily receipting of cheques and direct deposits to ensure that amounts banked/ received are credited in the right customer accounts.
• To keep track of market trends (including the movements in Global Markets) and to prepare Plans / Strategies for taking corrective actions including timely revision of Pricing Structure & Discount Structures with the approval of the Business Head;
• To receive and ensure that customer complaints are attended to, solved and corrective actions are taken.
• To ensure the agreed sales/ marketing strategies and credit policies are effectively implemented.
• To follow up the orders for color products and traded material to ensure their availability for sale.
• To ensure effective communication between the company and its customers.
• Collecting information on upcoming projects in the country with the aim of turning them into good business prospects for the company.
• To ensure close monitoring of the existing customers through regular field visits continued assessment of their performance.
• To organize workshops/seminars for ensuring customers, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and other target groups are equipped with information on how to use the company’s products effectively.
• Processing production orders, sales orders, and quotations/bids for various customer requirements.
• To apprise customers about the disposal measures to be adopted for the scarp generated from our products like packing material etc.
• To continuously review the related processes to strengthen internal controls and submit proposals for revision in processes for the approval of HOD;
• To Manage Performance of line subordinates
• Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Financial and Budgetary responsibility:
• Fully account for all monies claimed for market operations.
Responsibility for Procurement:
• Good working environment with less ergonomic Risk
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
• Minimum academic qualification: A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any business-related course, combining a commercial/technical understanding of the business.
• Qualifications as an added advantage: None
• Professional registration: None
• General work experience (years): 5 to 10 years out of which min 5 years in a senior sales role.
• Industry: Manufacturing Sector or FMCG, with specific engagement with various stakeholders like Architects, Building Engineers & Surveyors, Contractors, procurement in both private and public sectors.
Key competencies and skills:
• Good techno/commercial skills
• Deliver on set targets and manage through the team.
• Computer literacy:
• SAP/ERP Software Application experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated, self-starter, high energy, positive and inspiring
• Confident, self-assured, participative management style
• Excellent communicator in both written and spoken word
• Strong strategic and planning skills
Additional/specific work requirements:
• High level of integrity
• Ability to work under pressure.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section