Research and Product Development Executive
Jobs at:Mukwano Industries Uganda Limited
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REPORTING TO THE MARKETING MANAGER / GM SALES AND MARKETING, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE • Consulting with various process stake holders in regard to design requirements and regulations
• Coordinating the process of creating and developing new products.
• Research and develop new ideas and processes to improve the performance and design for new or existing products/ Brands.
• Brand labeling and packaging coordination from development, verification, Approach and Execution
• Through qualitative and validated Research and Market information, Determines customers’ needs and desires.
• Coordinate and participate in new product development process and requirements, implement agreed action plans.
• Conduct ‘Customer Satisfaction Survey’. Make recommendations for present and future products
• Assesses competitors’ products on market share, draft analysis and comparative reports.
• Be part in sales strategy team to set short-term and long-term product sales forecasts.
• Allocate, file and maintain Bar Coding for respective Brands and their specific key units.
• Do market research and make share findings on competitor products specifications, pricing imbalances.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, Trade Fairs ,etc.
• Part of team participating in promotions, exhibitions, trade fairs, new product launches etc where brand recognition and visibility is boosted.
• Develop and submit many data analysis, qualitative and critical reports for all products performance records, future recommendations, change in sales strategy, market behaviors etc.
• Compliant to laid company policy procedures, SOP under ISO system. Participate in all internal and external qualitative audits, customers audits etc.
• Any other duties assigned by your supervisor
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any other related field.
• A post Graduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in Business Administration with a specialty in marketing is an added advantage.
• 2 years of relevant experience in a marketing field in FMCGs is required
• Reasonable knowledge on MS Office, Excel and Power Point.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
• Product Management, People Management, Good Customer Care skills, Product Development, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and Strategy
• Self-motivated with excellent personnel management skills
• Knowledge of different Computer programs, particularly MS Office, Excel, Advanced Excel, and MS Word.
• Ability to handle multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced working environment
• Possess strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent team player and has the ability to manage time in an efficient mannerWILL;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should visit our website i.e www.mukwano.com , go to the career page and upload the Cover letter, CV and Academic Credentials. Only online applications will be accepted.
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e. from 28th May 2021 to 10th June 2021.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Mukwano does not engage any agents/touts to solicit payments in lieu of promising employment. Any form of canvassing is prohibited.
All successful candidates will be offered competitive remuneration packages.