Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
What We Do
EnerGrow is an appliance financing start-up based in Uganda. We partner with energy companies to help people purchase appliances to increase their incomes which they could not normally afford.
EnerGrow partners with energy companies to do this in the communities they are expanding into. Why? Hundreds of millions of people across Africa have expensive on- and off-grid electricity connections that are barely used. Customers can afford power, but they cannot afford appliances that could help earn an income.
This situation both leaves energy companies across Africa economically challenged while their customers remain stuck in an unnecessary poverty trap. Energy companies are slow to expand into rural areas and cannot provide good services even in urban areas because so many customers consume so little that the energy companies often struggle to afford to maintain their infrastructure.
EnerGrow’s data-driven asset finance helps accelerate rural electrification and improve rural energy services while at the same time increasing rural peoples’ incomes.
Customers win. Energy companies win. EnerGrow wins. Together – we will change Africa.
About the Role
The Relationship Officer will be responsible for relationship building by complimenting financial literacy
training with customers to ensure Sales Acquisition, proper repayments and collections on the loans we
The specific tasks of this role include:
• A Relationship Officer will drive Brand sensitization through training of prospective customers, loan applicants and the already on boarded customers through refresher trainings and also the referral programme.
• Growth of Sales acquisition and ensuring that performance of self is in line with the advised sales targets. The Relationship officer will be responsible to ensure that all loans information presented to the Credit Management Team is correct.
• He/She will be responsible to undertaking occasional survey from time to time as guided by the line manager
• Work hand in hand with the Collections team to ensure all clients pay on time.
• Work in line with the work methods provided by the organization especially within the digital space provided. The Relationship officer will be expected to transmit his/her work through the various on-line options guided.
• Provide real time solutions to Entrepreneurs through consultations with Line Manager
• Brilliant execution of sales initiatives as guided from time to time.
What defines Success of a Relationship Officer:
• Good PAR 30 for the Portfolio under review
• Sales Acquisition in line with the Targets or a minimum of 08 sales to keep in Employment
• Brand growth through registered trained people within the allocated market space
• Growth of the referral program and the Net Promoter Score
What excites you
• An organization with freedom to succeed
• Connecting with customers and helping people find solutions to problems.
• Being part of an organization that is changing Africa’s future for the better.
• A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged.
• Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them.
• Passion for organization, attention to detail, and precision.
• 3+ years working experience in Sales Acquisition, active debt collection/recovery gained in a financial services industry or in a PAYGO environment i.e., asset-based lending
• Must be familiar with training and freely engage with business-oriented and market-based solutions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A team player who can manage efficiently in a changing environment
• Ability to work independently
• High level of integrity
• Fluency in English and Luganda
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel. This role will require a significant level of accurately capturing and entering data.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Commitment to excellence, outstanding work ethic, and attention to detail
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should click on this link to apply: https://www.shortlist.net/jobs/6252