- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda
- Ensure quality of client acquisition, identify prospect and convert in line with Bank’s appetite and business strategy
- Leverage on SCB’s unique network and full franchise across Africa and China to capture more Chinese investors into Africa and facilitate the expansion of these investments across Africa
- Ensure quality of the sales pitch and lead them with the clients
- Work with Credit Analyst and obtain all pre-deal clearances.
- Manage a healthy pipeline and also a record of client calls and discussions
- Oversee ARM to ensure smooth on-boarding of client after thorough completion of documentation and other processes.
- Senior client calling and briefing on a regular basis for account maintenance and deal negotiation. Also engage senior internal stakeholders for marketing, credit and any other pertinent issues.
- Work with Customer Due Diligence team to ensure proper completion of due diligence requirements.
- Work closely with CA, product partners, and analyze a) wallet size b) determine appropriateness of the product and c) work out a comprehensive account plan from a one-bank perspective
- Successfully negotiate and close out pricing and other deal dynamics with client
- Oversee the quality & turnaround of credit proposal and ensure faster delivery. Work with CA for resolving Credit queries.
- Oversee the ARM to ensure all documentation and security creation are completed on time to ensure smooth execution of transaction.
- Liaising with Legal/external counsel in preparation and execution of non-standard complex transactions along with product partners.
- Work close with product team in delivering cash management solutions and migrating clients to digital channels
- Oversee the service quality and turnaround of service requests from clients and ensure faster delivery
- Along with the product partner, push for line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Oversee the ARM in ensuring high utilization of regular facilities.
- Work with the CA and ARM to ensure discipline and quality in portfolio against timeline
- Review and monitor the client profitability to ensure there are no revenue leakages.
- Attend various internal or external sales/ non sales meetings and convene the consortium meetings where we are the lead bank
- Overall responsible and accountable for the credit quality of the assigned/acquired portfolio.
- Ensure remain alert to financial crime related risk and follow the bank’s policy and procedure in combating financial crime risk.
- Provides feedback to management and internal departments regarding customer service quality, product issues, customer complaints etc
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Bank’s Chinese banking space to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: (Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment)
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Clients (including at senior level) / Trade associations, etc
- legal firms
- Accountants etc
- CA & ARM & IMO & CSG
- Product partners
- Senior stake holders (FM/ /CRC/Credit/FCC, etc)
- Quality client acquisition & franchise building
- Maximising Revenue
- Nil Provisioning
- Cross Sell from one-bank perspective
- Quality of calling including quality of deals originated
- Quality of portfolio including Credit and other hygiene factors.
- Business or Accounting related degree.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in banking as a Relationship Manager.
- Strong analytic and marketing skills, the ability to interpret complex financial information.
- A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of the region.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal in both Chinese and English) and negotiation skills.