Job Title: 3 Senior Credit Analysts – PostBank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: PostBank Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Manager Credit Analysis
PostBank Uganda Ltd Profile
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government-owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country. The bank is growing and enhancing its services.
To vet, evaluate, and assess credit risk for credit applications received from respective branches, approving, or / and recommending the application for further approval.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Guide and mentor credit analysts under their indirect supervision.
- Provide rigorous analysis of credit facilities, taking into consideration the Bank’s credit policy, with the result of getting quick approval with the aim of growing the bank’s asset base (portfolio), and related bank revenues like interest income, commissions, and fees.
- Properly Structuring facilities and collaterals/security, constant monitoring of credit exposures to minimize NPAs.
- Advise Relationship Managers/ Business Bankers/Personal Bankers on the quality of the portfolio by analysing the NPA ratios of their customers, portfolio at risk, and accounts in arrears.
- Review existing credit facilities on an annual basis and make necessary propositions like renewals, restructures, etc.
- Timely submission of required documents to credit and legal teams to have fast turnaround time.
- Timely resolution of customer issues that require analysis on their accounts.
- Compliance to internal controls as per credit approval criteria as detailed in the Credit Policy and Operational Guidelines to avoid/minimize loss of revenue and prevention of frauds and forgeries.
- Providing guidelines and valuable suggestions for improving quality of applications for quick decisioning and booking of a quality portfolio.
- Maintenance of credit files and ensuring that credit related records are properly documented.
- Perform industry studies and conducts financial analyses of segment customers using credit review skills and financial expertise to support productive sales performance credit scoring.
- Evaluate and acquire a good understanding of the risk associated with individual transactions, products, and borrowers.
- Make client courtesy calls and visits to provide advisory services to achieve portfolio quality
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- A Business degree in Risk, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management, or any relevant field.
- Relevant Practical training in Credit Administration in the financial services sector.
- Practical and sufficient knowledge of basic core banking system
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with at least 1 year in Credit Risk Management domain.
- Good understanding of Credit Risk Management principles and numerical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner
- Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of set departmental goals
- Team player
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Honesty and Integrity
How To Apply for PostBank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified candidates should send application to [email protected] with job title as subject, accompanied with copies of relevant academic documents.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only online applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, PostBank Uganda
The following documents should accompany the application strictly online:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of academic documents
- Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
- Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Deadline: 22nd November 2021