The Tour Operations Manager will oversee all tour and office operations for our tour agency. The role will be to lead customer service and supervise business development initiatives.
- Provide exceptional customer service for all tours and business operations from the point of arrival to the point of departure and beyond.
- Communicate daily with prospective customers, guests, and partnering hotels via phone and email.
- Solve any post-tour issues with guests, partnering establishments, tour guides, etc.
Office & Tour Operations [40%]
- Lead and act as a lead backup tour guide.
- Remotely manage a team of 4+ tour guides via phone, email, and in-person i.e., Recruit and train new tour guides, run monthly staff meetings, plan quarterly employee wellness events.
- Maintain office operations and procedures i.e., Payroll, Tour Supplies, Vendor & Partner Relations, scheduling, etc.
- Manage tour calendar including booking private tours.
- Coordinate with partnering hotels and camp destinations about upcoming tours and guest numbers.
- Help improve guest experience on existing tours with exciting games, quizzes, etc.
Potential growth opportunities
Our goal is to hire someone who will eventually take on more responsibilities and have a growing role in the company. Additional duties may include:
- Assist and coordinate existing marketing efforts.
- Distribute online and physical marketing promotions.
- Research and implement new marketing campaigns to increase guest bookings.
- Manage website and social media platforms.
- Create new office systems and workflow organization processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- 3- 5 years working experience in Operations or in the tourism industry.
- Good experience in guest relations, tour and travel operations, risk assessment, and management.
- Project management experience (Knowledge in Microsoft projects and other project management tools) is an added advantage.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good work ethic, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section