Job Title: Community Manager – Ogilvy Africa Jobs 2021
Organization: Ogilvy Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Lead
Ogilvy Africa Profile:
Ogilvy Africa is the largest network agency on the continent catering to 40 countries with a team of ~900 people across Central, East and West Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi – Kenya, Ogilvy Africa manages a portfolio of over 100 brands for clients such as AB Inbev, Airtel, Africa CDC, Coca-Cola, Diageo, Distell, Equity Bank, Exxon Mobil, Kenya Airways, Mondelez, NCBA, Nestle, Philips, PWC, SAB Miller, Sanlam, Total, UNICEF, Unilever and WWF amongst others.
We offer services across the full spectrum of marketing domains including advertising (on and offline), Customer Engagement & Commerce, Digital Transformation, Shopper Marketing, Media, PR & Influence; all under one unified setup. We’ve also created proprietary marketing products in areas such as real-time marketing, social intelligence, virtual experiences, influencer management, e-commerce enablement and content hubs. Our unique operating model, One Ogilvy, allows clients and brands to cut the complexity of agency structures and create seamless omni-channel experiences for their consumers, across touchpoints. Fuelled by the holy trinity of content, data and technology; Ogilvy Africa strives to be the best-practice agency model, for Developing & Emerging markets.
In our 20+ years in Africa, we have won the highest number of regional and global awards for the region including Cannes Lions, Clio awards, Dubai Lynx Festival, SABRE Awards (Global and Africa); to name a few. Ogilvy is a leading global creative network of WPP. Launched by David Ogilvy over 70 years ago, it’s referred-to as the Agency of Giants, by several industry experts.
Community Manager is an appointed administrator for brand´s corporate social media communities (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) and the key customer contact. The Community Manager is responsible for moderating User Generated Content that appears and escalating any issues to the appropriate internal/client teams.
They need to be familiar with the required digital & marketing code to ensure compliance of all digital assets on social media.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain Content Calendars in collaboration with the content manager, including writing Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts.
• Post relevant content in accordance with Content Calendar.
• Maintain a clear digital asset register across all brands managed
• Review user-generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner.
• Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience, providing mandatory weekly moderation reports as per the digital code and an asset register of all UGC permissions requests
• Enforce the platform Social Media Guidelines, Digital Code & Marketing Code as defined by the brand.
• Manage & Escalate User Generated Content, where appropriate, to different stakeholders
Listening & Reporting
• Utilize social listening tools to generate insights that guide content creation for the brands & offline brand activities where necessary
• Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, client-facing reports that lead to optimization.
• Able to listen, monitor & identify potential risks that may lead to negative sentiment
• Provide bi-monthly Social Listening Reports
• Assist with creation, conception, and presentation of digital campaign work. Ensuring that community strategy supports overall brand goals and objectives.
• 2-4 years’ experience in managing brand social media presence
• Great verbal skills with empathetic approach to consumer challenges
• Digital native proficient in major social media platforms and keen eye on emerging platforms
• Good personal skills and ability to interact with different departments
• Deep knowledge of social media listening and reporting tools
• Ability to turn metrics into meaningful insights
• Ability to conceptualize new ideas quickly
• Loving to hustle and work in fast-paced environment
How To Apply for Ogilvy Africa Jobs 2021
Ogilvy Africa is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a competitive advantage. We are committed to a fair and inclusive hiring process. To minimise unconscious-biases from our hiring process, we’ve taken on an initiative to #RightTheCV (find out more by clicking here )
We encourage candidates to apply using this free, downloadable template, available here https://bit.ly/2OtLnYH
Kindly forward your application to [email protected] indicating the job title as the subject. Please also share your motivation for the role along with your updated CV
Deadline: 27th August 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.