Money Transfer Officer-Money Transfer officer in charge of sub Agents
Jobs at:Finance Trust Bank
Deadline of this Job:
14 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position reports to Supervisor Delivery Channels and is based in the Financial Inclusion Unit.
Role of the Job:
To ensure that Money transfer services are carried out effectively and efficiently at Sub Agent locations according to laid down policies and procedures.
Key Result Areas:
1. Identification of potential Money Transfer Sub Agents, vetting of sub Agents, recruitment and operationalization of sub Agents.
2. Carry out business risk assessments and institute controls in place to mitigate the risks, monitor compliance and safe operations of the sub agents by carrying out periodic visits.
3. Carry out regular Sub Agent visits and Prepare performance reports as per agreed visit schedules in line with the annual work plan.
4. Attend to sub Agent, internal and external customer queries and complaints in line with the customer service standards of the Bank.
5. Work closely with the IT department to make sure sub agent transaction systems are up and running all the time.
6. Manage performance and productivity of sub agents as per set performance targets.
7. Carry out regular training of Money Transfer Sub Agents.
8. Coordinate marketing activities at Sub Agent locations and ensuring that sub Agent locations are properly branded.
Minimum qualification requirements and Personal attributes for this position:
• The Position holder should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business related course e.g. Economics, Social Sciences, Business Administration, IT
• A minimum of two years’ experience in the banking industry.
• Excellent marketing skills.
• Excellent marketing and people management skills.
• Familiarity with Money Transfer sub Agent practices, policies and procedures.
• Familiarity with the Anti-Money Laundering act and other regulatory frameworks.
• Proficient in relevant computer applications i.e. excellent Microsoft office skills, excel, internet, etc
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Attentiveness to detail is critical.
• Demonstrated high integrity and sense of confidentiality.
• Results oriented with ability to meet deadlines.
• Flexible and able to work for long hours.
• Good interpersonal and team work skills.
• No previous disciplinary issues at the branch or at Head Office.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Personal attributes/behavioural Competencies
• Experience working with FTB as Banking Assistant/Officer for at least one year
• The ideal candidate should be a good team player with the ability to grow income from money transfer services.
Position carries an attractive salary and benefits package.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it, as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV to [email protected] . The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
(Closes May 21st 2021)