- Company: EnerGrow
- Location: Uganda
- State: Mbale, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Who We Are and What we do:
EnerGrow is an appliance financing start-up based in Uganda. We partner with energy companies to help people purchase appliances to increase their incomes which they could not normally afford.
EnerGrow partners with energy companies to do this in the communities they are expanding into. Why? Hundreds of millions of people across Africa have expensive on- and off-grid electricity connections that are barely used. Customers can afford power, but they cannot afford appliances that could help earn an income.
This situation both leaves energy companies across Africa economically challenged while their customers remain stuck in an unnecessary poverty trap. Energy companies are slow to expand into rural areas and cannot provide good services even in urban areas because so many customers consume so little that the energy companies often struggle to afford to maintain their infrastructure.
EnerGrow’s data-driven asset finance helps accelerate rural electrification and improve rural energy services while at the same time increasing rural peoples’ incomes.
Customers win. Energy companies win. EnerGrow wins. Together – we will change Africa.
What you will make happen:
EnerGrow is conducting a pilot financing project for women-led businesses in Mbale District to identify opportunities and inform its program methodology. The aim is to grow sustainable, productive business that can increase electricity demand in the long run.
The Manager will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring key project activities of our partners on sales, marketing, asset delivery, financial literacy training, and loan repayments. You will provide efficient logistical, project, accounting and administrative support to the sales and marketing team to allow them to focus on managing and supporting stakeholders.
The manager should be effective at handling a small team of proactive individuals, planning and monitoring work, be good at resolving challenges and be able to work well both independently and as part of a team. You’ll be working closely with the CEO, Special Projects and Expansion Manager, Sales and Marketing Manager, Customer Relationship Manager and the rest of the team.
- Oversee the activities of our sales and marketing partners
- Supervise the credit process, ensure compliance and advise on potential improvements in collaboration with the Credit Manager
- Manage product delivery to customers
- Report on project activities on a regular weekly and monthly basis, including monitoring and evaluations efforts carried out by the team.
- Provide advisory support to business plans & strategy, to improve the quality of credit portfolio.
- Take lead in bringing process changes for faster delivery and customer delight
- Ensure product profitability
- Hold team meetings and allocate actions to the team to efficiently manage activities.
- Maintain relevant data in various systems pertaining to capacity, new opportunities, and general project records
- Oversee the upkeep of company documents to ensure they are fit for use
What excites you:
- Being part of an organization that is changing Africa’s future for the better.
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged.
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them.
- Passion for organization, attention to detail, and precision.
What you already have:
- A self-starter, collaborative, entrepreneurial attitude and team spirit.
- At least 5 years team and operations management experience
- A minimum bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline, preferably with other professional qualifications
- Possesses a minimum of 3 years of experience in asset based lending or related activities; experience in Marketing is a definite advantage
- Credit evaluation experience with complex credits and structuring are involved
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player who can manage efficiently in a changing environment
- Ability to work independently
- High level of integrity
- Fluency in English and Lugisu/Lumasaba
- Strong skills MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to excellence, outstanding work ethic, and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and creative problem solving