Manager Regional Business Sales
Jobs at:MTN Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
12 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mission/ Core Purpose of the Job
The job holder will execute strategy, policies and procedures for the management of Regional distribution operations in MTN-U and manage staff, dealers and franchisees to achieve set targets. She/he is responsible for meeting Prepaid Airtime and Gross Connection Sales targets for the company. To assist the Regional Commercial Head in the development of Regional Distribution strategy .
Main Job Functions:
• Achieve National sales targets (Prepaid Revenue, Quality Prepaid Gross Connections, electronic Airtime Sales %, Retail Universe outlets, Devices and Digital revenues).
• Achieve savings on allocated Subscriber Acquisition Costs and promotion activities for the channel partner.
• Achieve sales expansion and retail penetration targets by identifying, appointing and monitoring distribution partners (distributors, recharge outlets, activation outlets, prepaid touch points) in new and existing areas.
• Prepare Channel & Distribution strategy – develop and grow MTN’s retail universe through franchisee and routes to market
• Ensure MTN’s trade channel remains a competitive advantage in terms of depth, breadth, customer experience and branding
• Oversee stock planning, forecasting and analysis for distribution and regional warehouses
• Coordinate overall supply chain in the regions for all distribution channel partners
• Manage the implementation and execution of Merchandising and brand visibility nationally
• Business Intelligence use and application for distribution optimization
• Deploy Regional staff to achieve departmental and Organizational objectives.
• Execute and monitor MTN Brand initiatives through Retail outlets and to ensure that high standards are maintained.
• Review procedures, policies and work flows of Channels and distribution department
• Integration of stakeholders and management of regional cross functional teams in the regions
• Establish new distribution channels e.g. EVD, Dealer Me2U, Mobile Money etc
• Management of Cost of Sale line item in the business plan (Dealer discounts)
• Deliver sales target for all products by executing the distribution strategy at the channel-partner level
• Plan promotional activities for channel partners – Track channel specific schemes and launches
• Provide inputs and coordinate with network team to drive better utilization of technology roll out and expansion in the regions
• Keep employee-retention and motivation levels high through regular reviews of performance of Regional managers, retailers, sales representatives
• Ensure best practices training and sound coaching to Regional Managers, Area Sales Representatives, and distribution partners to enhance overall effectiveness
• Achievement of expansion targets through greater penetration and geographical expansion
• Develop the MTN Retail experience in MTN channel outlets
• Manage the MTN Customer Experience blueprints throughout the trade and retail environments
• Develop commission structures for dealers, agents and staff.
• Ensure stock levels and availability are maintained above set criteria
Trainings & Knowledge
• Retail Training/Channel/Distribution Management
• Management Executive Development Program Training.
• Warehouse Management
• Brand Management / Brand Marketing training
• Trade marketing
• Knowledge of Financial procedures, procurement procedures etc
• Retail / Dealer environment setting.
• Dealer structure methodologies
• Channel Development strategies
• Computer Skills- MS Office
• Financial and Accounting systems.
• Organisational skills.
• Team Player.
• Results- Oriented.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
• At least 4-5 years’ experience in Retail/Channel Development, Business analysis, and product evaluation
• At least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
• Prior experience in marketing analytics for telecommunications or FMCG is desirable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.