Manager Deposit and Community Banking
Jobs at:PostBank Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
14 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB TITLE: MANAGER DEPOSIT AND COMMUNITY BANKING (1)
REPORTS TO: HEAD PRODUCTS
To implement credit activities of the bank in line with the set departmental targets/goals and policies of the bank.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ DELIVERABLES:
• Designing, innovating and ensuring quality delivery of Deposits and Community Banking products, initiating implementation strategies from market research to post launch and growth plan actions.
• Grow the Deposits and Community Banking products loan book in terms of quality and volumes as per the bank’s targets.
• Ensure real-time and accurate reporting on product performance covering product uptake, value, quality, revenue etc. on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Attend to credit request appeals from branches deferred to the products team in line with the Banks credit standards, policies and practices and make recommendations.
• Review and manage the product development and improvement process, Deposits and Community Banking loan policies and manuals in consultation with the Chief Credit Officer and recommend changes.
• Gather market intelligence, analyse competitor performance and advise management on appropriate action.
• Effectively organise, attend and manage delinquency meetings on Non-Performing Assets with key stake holders i.e. branch teams and unit heads etc.
• Give required support to projects activities pertaining to product uptake and user experience from time to time whenever need arises.
• Provide in house training to branch teams on Deposits and Community
• Banking products techniques on processes, credit assessment, portfolio management and monitor their progress.
• Assist in the design and development of product performance targets and implement them.
• Design and generate product reports to facilitate monitoring.
• Monitors Deposits and Community Banking Loans credit performance and draw attention to deviations from risk assets and acceptance criteria.
• Present a monthly report on Deposits and Community Banking loans portfolio performance.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• A Business degree in banking, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management, or any relevant field.
• Possession of a Certified banking qualification in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
Relevant Practical training in banking product development
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Banking, of which 2 must be in a sales & product development function.
• This position requires a highly self-directed with independent judgment individual who is passionate about the fields of community development and banking.
• Must have critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within fields of banking, community development, and neighbourhood revitalization.
• Must have an in-depth understanding about banking product features, pricing, benefits, positioning, design and promotions.
• Highly organized and self-directed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to demonstrate and coach exceptional customer service
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION STRICTLY ONLINE:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only online applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, PostBank Uganda. Send application to [email protected] with job title as subject, accompanied with copies of relevant academic documents.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 14th October, 2021