Job Title: – Jumia Uganda Jobs 2022 Warehouse Darkstore Manager
Organization: Jumia Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jumia Uganda Profile
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Inbound Process and Team management
- Compliance management in line with inbound volume projection and schedule
- Liaise with appropriate departments (commercial team, vendor management team, and finance department) on prioritization and reconciliation of items be inbounded.
- Ensure quality checks and enforce proper packaging guidelines on all items to be inbounded
- Inventory Process and Team Management
- Performance management – ensuring out of stock is within monthly target, regular cycle count is carried out and reported.
- Continuous storage capacity assessment and management.
- Improve picking efficiency by enforcing standardization of SKUs storage
- Ensure all items from inbound, order processing and aftersales are put-away into location within defined SLAs
- Organize quarterly cycle count with finance and external auditors
- Organize offline sales for defective and defective damaged items
- Advise commercial team on aged and slow-moving SKUs to be discounted and sold online
Outbound Process and Team Management
- Monitor and analyze current inventory for each dark store based on key inventory management KPIs
- Ensure buying team raises PO’s and sends to suppliers on time with right quantities
- Ensuring there is steady flow of stock between our main warehouse and each dark store
- Developing monthly campaigns with KAMs to drive engagement and orders at DKSs
- Anticipating the needed inventory based on sales history, seasons and upcoming campaigns
- Cost Reduction
- Continuously find innovative ways to reduce cost across all warehouse operations
- Reduction of loss due to theft and damaged items
- Improve efficient usage of work tools and materials handling
Team and Process Management
- Capacity planning, team allocation and monitoring of tasks and duties
- Performance management including appraisals and team coaching
- Regular 5S audits/spot checks to ensure the quality of process and provide clear and visible feedback on findings
- Continuous process improvement be driven by suggestions on systems improvements
- Escalate issues to senior management within an appropriate time frame and provide head of fulfilment with the end of day/shift handover information
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors. Degree (Business Administration, Logistics- supply chain, Economics, Engineering)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiarity with working in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent People, Problem-solving, Negotiation, Time management and Coordination skills.
- Self-Driven and great independent follow-through Ability
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, leadership, and drive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- At least five years FMCG, or warehouse management experience
- Ability to negotiate and communicate in flawless English,
- Demonstrated competency in data reporting and analysis
- Experience or high level of comfort in logistics operations
- Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, analytical capabilities and work books.
- Relevant professional certification in Logistics or supply chain management will be an added advantage
How To Apply for Jumia Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled