Job Title: – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 Livelihoods Volunteer
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Business and Enterprise Development Manager
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala. The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Kiryandongo and Zombo.
The Livelihoods Volunteer will be responsible for providing technical support in vocational skills training, apprenticeship, skills certification, Urban Savings and Loans Association (USLA), and micro-enterprise.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in registration, and preparation of payments for the different service tracks i.e vocational skills training, apprenticeship, skills certification, Urban Savings and Loans Association (USLA), and micro-enterprise in dropin and commcare at the IRC Livelihood Center.
- Support with soft skills trainings for vocational & apprenticeship clients including job readiness.
- Support with USLA group formation and facilitation of trainings on VSLA methodology for USLA formed groups.
- Provide technical backstopping for USLA groups on a weekly basis during group Sittings and collection of weekly/monthly savings data from the USLA groups.
- Identify mature VSLA groups for financial linkages and train them in bank linkage processes.
- Support in monitoring of clients placed with Apprenticeship hosts in the different divisions
- Participate in the M&E data collection and documentation of success stories as required.
- Act as channel for feedback through who community members and leaders can communicate with the IRC during community engagements.
- Identify specific protection needs and preliminary referrals to service providers (both state and humanitarian actors)
- Support with translation/Interpretation for the clients
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Administration, Marketing, Business Development or related field.
- Good knowledge of the low-income residential areas of Kampala City will be an added advantage.
- Excellent networking and liaison skills.
- Strong computer and analytical report writing skills.
- Good problem-solving and management skills.
- Good negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- Good standard of spoken and written English language skills essential.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: August 14 th 2022