Job Title: Loans Officer – Hofokam Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Hofokam Ltd
Duty Station: Branch Office, Uganda
Reports to: Loan Supervisor
Hofokam Ltd Profile
Hofokam ltd is one of the largest Micro Finance Institutions operating in western Uganda with its Head Office based at Fort-Portal. Its Vision is “to be the preferred partner of vibrant and economically empowered households in Uganda”. Its mission is, “to provide quality and competitive financial services to households to enable them realise their goals”.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are in search of competent candidates who can be employed as Loans Officers for our Credit Department. We invite qualifying candidates to apply for the job being advertised as guided below;
As a Loan Officer, you will be acting as a liaison between our financial institution and our clients. You will help appraise and evaluate potential clients in a timely and hassle-free manner. You should possess amazing communication skills to explain the loan application process to the desired applicants in a simple way.
You will continually promote Institutional products, services, and programs in your assigned branch; and will consult with customers about their current and future needs to help them achieve their financing needs. You are expected to collect and review all needed supporting loan documentation; originate and close quality loan volume through sales and marketing activities; recommend loans for disbursement in addition to recovering disbursed loans.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop marketing and work plan for the promotion and establishment of a solid clientele base.
- Identify and sensitize potential clients in the respective area of operation.
- Assess customer needs, explore all options and introduce different types of loans
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans
Mobilize and Retain Groups.
- Mobilize groups for the purpose of lending to them.
- Train identified group members in the Hofokam Lending methodology.
- Analyse loan applicant’s financial status, credit, and collateral evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
Process Loan Applications.
- Evaluate, and assess the credit risk of individual clients and groups by inspecting business and household of potential clients, appraise client’s business and repayment capability before disbursing loans.
- Generate and submit on time accurate documentation to enable loans to be disbursed.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines
- Maintain complete and accurate loan documentation in the office and supervise the maintenance of group record keeping process.
Monitor Business Loans /Group Performance.
- Attend to group meetings as required by methodology.
- Supervise groups to ensure timely repayments, attendance of meetings, update of group records.
- Maintain group cohesion.
- Make recommendations on improvement of products to Branch Management.
Collection and Recovery of Loans.
- Follow up with group executives to recover loans of group clients in arrears.
- Participate in Branch Arrears Management meetings.
- Take individual action as per policy to recover delinquent loans.
Portfolio Management and Performance
- Prepare and submit timely reports on the number of clients, repayments, portfolio quality, loan recoveries and follow-up action on delinquent loans.
- Maintain the Company standard customer service while interacting and engaging with clients.
- Provide advice to clients on borrowing and loan management.
- Maintain constant communication with clients and assigned groups.
- Ensure and increase client satisfaction in line with the core values of the institution.
- Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction throughout the loan underwriting process.
Minimum Qualifications for Hofokam Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal applicant must hold at least a Diploma in Marketing/Accounting/Finance/Banking or related qualification.
- None but prior experience in financial services is an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively promote and sell the Institution’s products/services;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Training and development skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Microsoft Office skills of word and excel;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to form teams which can work together;
- Excellent public relation skills;
- Basic entrepreneurial skills and problem-solving skills;
- A team player who is also able to work independently;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Integrity and professional ethics; &
- Motorcycle Riding skills a must.
- 24-28 years of age.
How To Apply for Hofokam Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates please send your application with certified copies of academic and professional certificates, a CV, postal address, day time telephone contact, names and details of at least three (3) referees preferably of your employer(s) if available. Deliver them following the email address: [email protected] to the Human Resource Manager Attachments MUST be in one PDF document and not exceeding 5MB in size.
Please Note; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 26 th November 2021 at 5:00 pm