Our client is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Logistics, and free online payment service. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. The company Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
The free online payment service facilitates the payments of online transactions for the company's ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Our client believes that e-commerce is making people's lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, our client is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. The company is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Our client offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
• Managing and steering the performance of our different value propositions while ensuring synergies between all (see synergies below **)
• Sourcing the 5K products+ necessary to cover all grocery consumer needs on eCommerce
• Ensuring all retail supply is going through the revamped retail contract with the right economics for the company.
• Managing the assortment of our dark stores to cover 1,5K+ products (from ecom to dark stores)
• Acquiring hypermarkets, supermarkets, chains of provision stores on our quick commerce to cover key areas
• Ensuring 100% availability for eCommerce and dark stores by managing daily replenishment of our main warehouses and dark stores
• Ensuring AAA customer experiences
• Coordinating with marketing to enhance visibility on our different value propositions
• Creating and maintaining the ecosystem of tools, processes
• Launching Brand to Store with the key grocery brands
Required Skills & Qualifications
• +10 years from the retail industry, directly involved in managing the source (Carrefour, Shoprite, etc)
• Strong analytical skill
• Well organized
• Resistant to stress
• A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
• A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African eCommerce sector
• The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
• An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section