- Company: Absa Bank
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Responsible for all aspects of digital marketing operations whose central role is to help grow our brand’s influence while also increasing brand loyalty externally, developing and managing strategies for high performing campaigns across multiple platforms while acting as advocate for digital best practice internally. Additionally, provide leadership to the Product and Channel Marketing teams in supporting the overall country Marketing and Customer Experience strategy. Driving alignment to Centre GTM initiatives ensuring support to country strategy, overall brand awareness, consideration and affinity.
Accountability: Digital Marketing – 50%
- Collaborate with the bank’s digital agency and other vendor partners in actualising digital strategies and plans.
- Evaluate best avenues and draw conclusions that are both data and marketing driven from client campaigns on a tactical level.
- Create programmatic campaigns within our demand side platforms in collaboration with the digital marketing agency. Keep up with new and innovative programmatic technology trends; attend partner presentations to further programmatic knowledge.
- Strategize, build, and maintain the bank’s social media usage, with a focus on customer service, brand growth and loyalty as well as monetization of fans/followers.
- Optimize the bank’s online presence through
A comprehensive corporate website built to meet customer needs and deliver leads Owned community platforms that meet the unique needs of each customer segment e.g., youth, SME, Women in business etc. and optimize for brand and non-brand keywords to ensure the bank’s websites rank high on search engine results. Examine and analyse website traffic, track online leads conversion and report on web assets. Build relationships with brand ambassadors through sustainable and effective influencer and blogger management/engagement.
- Partner with product, Digital Transformation, innovation & technology teams to deliver customer-centric digital experiences that drive income growth.
- Data-led marketing by sending highly targeted and compelling marketing campaigns that are tightly focused on a group of individuals and their needs.
Utilization of marketing automation tools to; Create cross sell and up-sell opportunities in a personalized and non-intrusive manner to increase share of wallet, celebrate anniversaries to build loyalty and onboard all NTB customers Ensure effective leads management both from offline (e.g., branch) and online (website and USSD) to drive the customer base and portfolio growth.
- Deliver 360 campaigns that are over and above Digital, through collaboration with business and relevant vendors
- Plan, execute, and measure digital experiments and conversion tests to help the Bank anticipate customer needs and adopt new digital marketing approaches.
- Evaluate emerging digital technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Develop and execute a digital thought leadership strategy for the Bank and senior leadership.
Upskill relevant staff with digital training and best practice.
Accountability: Integrated Client, Channel Marketing and Brand Building – 30%
- Contribute to business growth by translating the business strategy into marketing objectives.
- Use data analytics and insights for strategic market planning and making decisions on market research, branding, product solutions and other bank services.
- Lead the development and execution of in-country marketing and associated annual plans using data led insights.
- Responsible for leveraging our sponsorship assets to drive business and brand growth.
- Provide a comprehensive and authoritative view of the customer and create corporate and customer strategy to maximize customer acquisition, retention, and profitability.
- Drive the pursuit of customer-led insights that improve our overall connection, consideration and ultimately advocacy.
- Help deliver One Brand Equity scores in line with agreed targets.
- Be the voice of the brand and the customer inside the function, and drive end-to-end plans, that deliver to both as well as to the business.
- Drive and maintain marketing partnerships for the Bank working with the different business units and 3rd party agencies.
- Optimise returns from limited budgets
- Build clear measurable targets into campaign plans, ensuring accurate reporting, process and governance and budgets are adhered to.
- Develop and maintain clear communication with channel owners, managing the message calendar and providing information to link with wider campaigns.
- Oversee the planning of the channel content and ensure clear consistent process to disseminate campaigns across various channels.
- Ensure that channels are always fit for purpose and identifies improvements where necessary.
Accountability: Governance and Control – 10%
- Ensure team adherence to governance and compliance.
- Monitor adherence to the Marketing, Sponsorship and Brand, (country) and Group Marketing, Policies and ensure policies are embedded to ensure compliance.
- Contribute to the development of business unit strategy.
- Manage departmental budgets including signing off invoices and quotes within mandate. Escalate out of budgets items to the Marketing and Customer Experience Director for approval
Accountability: Leadership and People Management – 10%
- Embed the values and behaviors that reinforce the achievement of the Marketing objectives and Bank’s strategy.
- Build a strong, motivated team capable of inspiring others within the function.
- Create bench strength and coach team to ensure effective succession planning
- Determine the learning needs (including future skills) for the Marketing function working in collaboration with the function management team
- Ensure leave management is adhered to.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and by coaching for the Marketing team to ensure they conduct the process effectively.
- Build lasting relationships with the function.
- Build a strong network and ability to influence others to make things happen.
- Negotiate conflicting requirements from different stakeholders to build a coherent plan, which is accepted by all.
Present business cases objectively and authoritatively.
Education and experience required
- Minimum is a Bachelor Degree in relevant field, MBA is preferable.
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience with at least 5 years in a marketing leadership / senior management position
- At least 5 years’ experience in Digital marketing and campaign management
- Strong numerical and computer skills
- Experience leading diverse teams
- Experience working in a global, multi-segment environment with matrix reporting.
- Experience with google analytics, Optimize, Ad words, social media channels
- Strong experience in web optimization, design, content, SEO and SEM
- Data driven, understands the importance of KPIs, measurement, Tracking and Reporting
Knowledge and skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Experience in multi-channel strategy, including TV, digital and social
- External awareness of market, service industry and regulatory requirements
- Marketing and Brand management
- Customer behavior trend analysis and insight
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- Creative Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Commercial Acumen
- Strategic Capability
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Innovative Leadership
- Results Oriented
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications: Marketing (Required)