Jobs at:Numida Technologies
Deadline of this Job:
13 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Numida is a rapidly growing digital microfinance institution (MFI) in East Africa focused on serving micro-and small businesses (MSBs). Thanks to our proprietary technology and credit processes, we provide growth and working capital to verified MSBs, resulting in high portfolio yields and a high impact on our borrowers’ livelihoods.
Through the Numida mobile app, small business owners can apply for convenient and unsecured short-term business loans by digitally submitting evidence of business ownership and business activity. A proprietary due diligence process, combining machine validation and human review, allows a first lending decision to be made in less than 72 hours. The principal is disbursed digitally via mobile money. Our borrowers then begin reporting their daily financials (sales, expenses, stock purchases) while paying off their loan and tracking their next loan limit. Most subsequent loans are disbursed automatically.
Traditionally overlooked and underserved micro and small businesses (MSBs) in emerging markets deserve to have great tech built to serve their needs. Numida is the first and largest mobile platform in East Africa focused on offering convenient, accessible, and appropriate financial services specifically to MSBs. With the wealth of data collected through our platform, we are well positioned to connect business owners to the financial and non-financial services they need in order to grow their business, whether it be credit, savings, insurance, payments, logistics, customer acquisition, or financial & HR management. Due to our deep knowledge of our customers, Numida is becoming renowned for building technology that MSBs love. Within 10 years, we anticipate enabling at least 1 million small business owners on the continent to achieve their dreams.
We are looking for a self-driven, results-oriented Growth Associate. The Growth Associate works in all phases of the design/build/grow projects, cross functionality with technology, design and business development. This role will partner with the Director of Product and Credit Operations Manager by defining and ultimately executing product, marketing and design strategy to drive metric-driven growth of the company. These growth strategies are shaped around customer acquisition and retention.
• You are ultimately responsible for the following Primary KPIs and improving performance Month on Month:
• Number of new clients acquired each month,
• Customer retention rate (measured as reborrow rate),
• Customer acquisition cost (CAC)
• Develop a comprehensive growth strategy to achieve monthly new client and retention targets while maintaining a target Customer Acquisition Cost determined by management.
• Determine the optimal contribution of different growth channels (digital, Above The Line (ATL), referral, channel partnerships) for a minimized Customer Acquisition Cost and maximized portfolio quality.
• Manage sub-contractors or vendors as needed (for example printers, digital marketing consultants, radio stations etc.).
• Identify improvements in the credit operations to position the team for scale and increase operational efficiency.
• Work with the marketing design team to scope assets for acquisition campaigns.
• Manage the implementation of digital marketing campaigns and help to set the budget for digital marketing.
• Designing and executing partnership growth channels.
• Working with the data team to analyze the efficacy of different campaigns, and/or product changes such as pricing changes.
• Maintain and regularly update our Growth Metrics Dashboard and reporting results to the Country Director and Board as needed.
• Lead loan pricing strategy in collaboration with the Credit and Product teams.
• Track and report on portfolio and industry trends to stay ahead of an always-evolving customer lending environment.
• Support the Numida team in any way outside of the above in order to achieve growth targets.
WHO YOU ARE:
• A believer that small business growth in Uganda will drive community development and wide-scale poverty reduction
• A highly productive, results-oriented, self-driven individual committed to excellence
• A balanced planner and doer who can manage a heavy workload effectively
• A fast learner who is entrepreneurial in spirit and can balance both growth and risk management priorities
• A team player with the humility to ask for help when needed and to accept feedback to rapidly iterate on your work
• Numida is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in our team. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• 3+ years of experience in Digital Marketing and/or Product Management or related roles.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics/ Commerce, or related fields from an accredited university.
• Experience running campaigns on digital marketing channels including Facebook Adwords, Google Ads and SEO.
• Experience with designing, implementing and analyzing A/B experiments.
• Experience with data visualization and turning data into actionable insights through product and marketing
• Has strong communication skills including the ability to deliver a clear story to influence agreement to your recommendations with data and insights.
• Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis with analytics techniques to solve defined business problems
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and other analytics tools (SQL knowledge is a plus).
• Understanding of the product lifecycle and product design is a plus.
• Financial modeling experience is a plus.
• Preferred recent exposure to FinTech industry trends and emerging technologies.
WHY NUMIDA IS FIT FOR YOU:
• At Numida, we believe our values make a difference
• We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
• We are transparent
• We succeed when our customers succeed
• We do not only get things done, but also in the right way.
• We value, support and help each other grow.
YOUR COMPENSATION AND REWARD:
This is a full-time, high-growth role in an early-stage East African technology start-up. We are an unconventional business, and our workplace is inspiring with a lot of opportunities for personal growth and fun. You will receive a competitive salary and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team based in Kampala, San Francisco, and Vancouver.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://ug.linkedin.com/jobs/view/externalApply/2734501300?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F1FAIpQLSfkGNljG_QWMYvWE2gEPSEYB4urY0E_wAmPjhiRueXA4ToBiw%2Fviewform&urlHash=GYkO&refId=2smVH7pCsDtbb77kDvCUVA%3D%3D&trackingId=HHvmDPHI2r1ZJSymH4C%2BTg%3D%3D&trk=public_jobs_apply-link-offsite