Job Title: Fresher Diploma Service Centre Executive – Greenlight Planet Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Greenlight Planet Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to : Service Centre Technician
Greenlight Planet Uganda Profile:
Greenlight Planet is a multi-national, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to over 40 million people in more than 60 countries and have sold more than 10 million products worldwide.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun King™’s solar lamps and home energy systems to its innovative distribution partnerships to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Today, with over 1,200 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs to innovative sales and distribution strategies, to setting up better collection mechanisms, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and aftersales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers
The Service Center Executive will work closely with the operations and technical teams to ensure effective management and maintenance of Sun king products with faults as well as achievement of overall performance targets of the Service Centre are met both in terms of quality and quantity.
Roles and responsibilities:
Service Centre management
- Oversee operations at the service centre and ensure adherence to respective processes.
- Observe all safety procedures to avert hazards at the workplace and maintain a clean and well-organised workbench
- Receive faulty components, identify technical issues and verify warranty eligibility
- Consolidate received faulty stock for disposal
- Support and coordinate with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of customer queries
- Implement proper spare parts dismantling and harvesting process and ensure 100% tracking
- Conduct required periodic stock cycle counts as per process requirement
- Manage all spare parts inventory and re-orders
Repairs and Spare Parts management of Sun king products in the service centre
- Take custody/responsibility of the repair tools and tool kits
- Perform basic check on the faulty units before replacement
- Conduct basic repair on the in warranty returns
Drive Quality for Products in Our Inbound Shipments;
- Conduct 100% Quality Checks on all new inbound stocks (IQC) as per sample procedure and report on status.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of all periodic reports as required on hand stock, spare parts consumption,stock holding levels per business shop location and any other requested within the scope of the role.
- Maintain an updated Goods Received and Goods Issued log online.
- Minimum qualification: College/ Vocational Technical diploma in electronics/ computer electronics/ electronics engineering or related field from a recognised institution
- Has two years’ hands-on experience in a service centre
- Knowledge of inventory management is desirable
- Proficient in use of MS Office Excel for reporting is required
- Is customer centric,honest, proactive and keeps a positive attitude.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills,Is a team player andhighly flexible
- Is good at planning and organising with good attention to detail,analytical and posesses good problem solving skills
How To Apply for Greenlight Planet Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.