Jobs at:Ogilvy Africa
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Within Uganda , Uganda , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ogilvy Africa is the largest network agency on the continent catering to 40 countries with a team of ~900 people across Central, East and West Africa. Headquartered in Nairobi – Kenya, Ogilvy Africa manages a portfolio of over 100 brands for clients such as AB Inbev, Airtel, Africa CDC, Coca-Cola, Diageo, Distell, Equity Bank, Exxon Mobil, Kenya Airways, Mondelez, NCBA, Nestle, Philips, PWC, SAB Miller, Sanlam, Total, UNICEF, Unilever and WWF amongst others.
We offer services across the full spectrum of marketing domains including advertising (on and offline), Customer Engagement & Commerce, Digital Transformation, Shopper Marketing, Media, PR & Influence; all under one unified setup. We’ve also created proprietary marketing products in areas such as real-time marketing, social intelligence, virtual experiences, influencer management, e-commerce enablement and content hubs. Our unique operating model, One Ogilvy, allows clients and brands to cut the complexity of agency structures and create seamless omni-channel experiences for their consumers, across touchpoints. Fuelled by the holy trinity of content, data and technology; Ogilvy Africa strives to be the best-practice agency model, for Developing & Emerging markets.
In our 20+ years in Africa, we have won the highest number of regional and global awards for the region including Cannes Lions, Clio awards, Dubai Lynx Festival, SABRE Awards (Global and Africa); to name a few. Ogilvy is a leading global creative network of WPP. Launched by David Ogilvy over 70 years ago, it’s referred-to as the Agency of Giants, by several industry experts.
JOB PURPOSE – SUMMARY Responsible for the visual style of digital campaigns. They are involved in creating a campaign that has an instant, positive impact on the consumer in order to promote the product or brand being advertised. Digital graphic designer is responsible for creative ideas, graphic content design for social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc.) in collaboration with the Content Managers.
• As graphic designer, you know the visual nature of social platforms and you are able to create content that has the thumb stopping quality and works in the social media platforms.
• You also understand the brand boundaries and guidelines and are able to bring the best out of the brand in digital platforms.
• You create graphics and edit photos that bring the brand essence to life in digital platforms.
• In addition to static content, you can also create short-form videos and GIFs.
• As the member of content team, you will be part of the creative process in creating content that resonates at the speed of culture.
• You develop creative ideas, suggest new innovative ways of delivering digital content and keep up to date with the latest digital marketing trends.
• With social media listening, you will be creating content that is tapping into current trends and making the brand matter in real-time.
• Great communicator & team player who is able to work with the team assigned to create and develop digital campaigns.
• Able to work from a brief with a Content Manager & Community Manager, generating ideas to present to the client
• Working on designs to produce an effective advertising campaign.
• Collaborating with the team assigned & Content Excellence to commission specialists, such as artists and photographers, to work on projects
• Managing projects and working within specified timelines with minimal to no supervision
• 4+ years of content creation experience to digital channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
Required Attributes : • Digital native understanding characteristics and nuances of different platforms
• Passionate about technological advancements in social
• Thinking out of the box and pushing the boundaries on how to use digital channels
• Ear to the street: keen understanding of local Internet trends and memes
• Quick to execute, but also serious about the craft of the of the content
• Loving to hustle and work in fast-paced environment
• Exceptional Client management and communication skills
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to work without supervision
• Organized & able to maintain & manage meetings, calendars, tasks assigned
• Great team player
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Ogilvy Africa is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a competitive advantage. We are committed to a fair and inclusive hiring process. To minimise unconscious-biases from our hiring process, we’ve taken on an initiative to #RightTheCV (find out more by clicking here )
We encourage candidates to apply using this free, downloadable template, available here https://bit.ly/2OtLnYH
Kindly forward your application to [email protected] indicating the job title as the subject. Please also share your motivation for the role along with your updated CV.