Jobs at:Ros Consult
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2021
Within Uganda , Gulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of our client a microfinance, we seek to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to fill the position of Credit Officer.
As a Credit Officer, you will have responsibility to sell our growing portfolio of agricultural based loan products (including bicycles, oxen and ploughs, grinding mills and motorcycles). Your position and your sales are based in Gulu or Lira and the surrounding districts. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit loan clients with the support of marketing staff to achieve loan disbursement and • portfolio growth targets.
• Assessment of potential loan clients to make sure they meet the required standards for borrowing from company.
• Coordinating logistics of loan disbursements with the Operations Department.
• Ensure all applications, loan agreements and all required documentation are duly signed, completed and filed.
• Work with management to achieve, or exceed, monthly, quarterly and annual rganization goals
Monitoring and managing portfolio
• Monitor loan portfolio by maintaining close relationships, identify any potential default cases and develop mitigants for them.
• Ensure clients comply with the company policies as well as terms and conditions attached to loans.
• Maintain the portfolio at risk within the company’s loan quality standards.
• Comply with company follow-up procedures for defaulting clients.
• Participate in loan recovery and asset repossession following the company policies and procedures.
• Go the “extra mile” to build trusting relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction.
• Deliver high quality client service by keeping time, providing accurate information, and being respectful of all potential customers.
• Provide training to clients before and after loan disbursal.
• Maintain close relationships with customers throughout the loan process
• Maintain and update loan reports, client records and duty reports.
• Analyse and suggest ways company can improve its credit strategies.
• Other tasks and projects deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Skills and requirements
• You have the passion and drive to change the life of smallholder farmers through innovative lending and training strategies.
• Minimum qualification of diploma or degree from recognized university or college.
• At least one year of experience in a similar role working with smallholder farmers.
• Strong computer skills and precision in working with data.
• Fluency in English and Luo (Acholi, Langi)
• Ability and/or willingness to ride long distances on a motorcycle daily by yourself.
• Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Work location will be in the Acholi and Lango subregions. Expect to spend about 80% of your time in the field and 20% in office in Gulu or Lira. Your working hours are 40 hours per week for which flexibility is required based on the market needs, this includes that you might need to work weekends or early evening hours.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to apply through [email protected] Indicate the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 15th May 2021 .