Corporate Affairs and Movit Foundation Officer
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Corporate Affairs and Movit Foundation Officer
Reports to: Corporate Communications Manager
The Corporate Affairs and Movit Foundation Officer will support the Corporate Affairs team to execute Movit Products Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy by implementing internal and external media-based Communication plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing and Implementing crisis management strategies to alleviate crisis situations and maintain positive reputation.
• Coordinate with the allocated marketing agencies and the brand teams to develop CRS plans to support the growth the Movit Products brand equity
• Prepare press releases, topical news items, in-house publications and all materials meant for external engagements.
• Development and circulation of Movit Products company Publications like New letters, and Annual activity reviews
• Regularly review trends in the Cosmetics sector space, publish relevant news articles, blogs and social media articles to influence positive public opinion of Movit Products.
• Maintain positive relationships, network with media industry players to influence pro-business publications and coverage.
• Prepare, format and submit media content for publication in compliance with the Movit Products Brand guidelines.
• Source and maintain knowledge of publication opportunities, organize Corporate Affairs events such as press briefings, open days, tours and visits to improve Movit Products relations with the Media.
• Carry out daily reviews of business-related stories and articles in the media, flag articles for actioning through appropriate response to protect Movit Products’s image.
• Write pro-business pieces, edit and review company publications that positively position MPL.
• Management of the company`s website www.movitproducts.com ensuring timely content updates through coordination from the different support departments
• Management of Corporate social media platforms Corporate Social Investments through the Movit Foundation
• Support the development and implementation of Corporate Social Investment programs.
• Handle partnership and sponsorship requests.
• Promotes awareness of corporate social investments within Movit Products by involving employees ensuring both the Leadership and workforce are informed, involved, and understand the reasons and importance of CSI.
• Identifies proactive and corrective CSI initiatives and the resources required to implement them.
• Carry out appraisals, assessments and comprehensive critical surveys on the status of the company activities current impact on stakeholders, environment and community identifying negative impacts.
Working Relationship and work Environment:
? Working with the entire staff and functions in Movit Products Limited;
? Maintain good relations with key associates and company external stakeholders;
? Office based and ability to manage urgent demands;
? Ability to meet deadlines and exhibit a high degree of flexibility and versatility;
? Ability to work in a team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or a related field
• A related post-graduate qualification is an added advantage.
• Possession of membership with CIPR or CIM is an added advantage.
• Must have at least 3 years’ work experience in Media and/or Public Relations
• Must have produced content that has been published by leading outlets.
• Understanding of or experience in the Cosmetics or FMCG Sector is desirable
• Strong writing skills
• Must have a network of business journalists.
• Knowledge of use of standard industry software e.g., publisher
• Understanding of digital media
• Must have an eye for news.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• (Open Dates: 19th-26th July 2021)
• Please log on to our website https://movitproducts.com/careers
• Check details of the position you would like to apply for (Key Responsibilities and Job Specifications)
• Download the MPL Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an attachment to [email protected]
• Please quote the Name of the job title in the subject line.