Communications and Reporting Assistant
Jobs at:DanChurchAid (DCA)
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Country Director
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark and founded in 1922. DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda for over 35 years, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response, and civil society development.
The CRA will contribute to the attainment of DCA Uganda Country Programme objectives through supporting the reinforcement of efficient and timely grant management and increase communications capacity within the DCA Uganda office. The CRA will a) support in ensuring a high level of communications and donor visibility on DCA Uganda projects and activities and b) support on donor reporting and grant management processes to ensure high-quality and timely reports for donors. It is a unique opportunity to join a well-known international organization and benefit from on-the-job experience in a dynamic context
Position Responsibilities and Duties
In cooperation with colleagues in DCA Uganda and directly supported by the Resource Mobilisation and Grants Advisor (RMGA), the CRA will:
• Support the production and edit of quality and timely communications and/or promotional materials for DCA Uganda including press releases, social media posts, success stories, programme briefings etc. for internal and external audiences.
• Support RMGA in ensuring that all donor communication and visibility requirements are met.
• Support the production of communication materials linked to specific projects, with an eye on donor visibility requirements.
• Offer media support for DCA events including event setup, taking photographs, and writing stories for posting/publishing.
• Support DCA field team in photographing and collecting materials for success stories.
• Provide input to DCA global communication initiatives when required, particularly coordination with the Journalist and communication specialist and other HQ colleagues in the media and campaigns unit.
• Support RMGA in meeting all donor reporting requirements as stipulated in the various donor contracts.
• Review and quality assure inputs from Programme Officers/Project Managers and partners to ensure high-quality, well-written and timely contributions to donor reports.
• Support in edit and finalisation of donor reports.
• Assist the RMGA in collecting and compiling necessary inputs from programme staff and/or partners in line with the proposal development plan.
• Support in the writing of proposals and concept notes as needed whilst ensuring donor guidelines are respected.
• Assist in organizing grants opening, review and closing meetings
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mass-Communication, Journalism and Communication, Marketing, Social Sciences, or any other related field of study from a recognized academic institution.
• Minimum 2-3 years relevant communication experience ideally with an International NGO.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Excellent writing, proof-reading, and communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong ability to adapt, take initiative and work in a multicultural environment.
• Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
• Listening, analytical and synthesis skills.
• Interest in humanitarian/development sector and donor environment.
• Creativity, passion, and a keen eye for story telling
• Interest in learning.
• Ability to travel in country
DCA’s Uganda Program:
DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda since 1979, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are in livelihoods and food security, Humanitarian response and Civil Society. For more information Please visit: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/uganda.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through the link: https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/national-vacancies
Deadline for Applying: 25th /January/2022
DCA offers a salary package (Salary, Insurance & Pension) in accordance with the experience & DCA Uganda HR Manual.