Jobs at:Uganda Martyrs University
Deadline of this Job:
21 December 2021
Within Uganda , Nkozi , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Martyrs University is a faith-based private, not-for-profit, University and an equal opportunity employer owned by the Episcopal Conference of the Catholic Bishops of Uganda. The University is looking for suitably qualified persons to fill the following administrative and academic position:
Finance and Accounts Department
Position: Cashier (1 position)
Duty Station: UMU Main Campus Nkozi
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should possess a relevant Diploma in a relevant field. S/he should at least possess working experience of two years as Cashier in a recognised institution. S/he should be conversant with accounting software like Quick Book, Tally. S/he should have a satisfactory record of service to the community. The candidate should have a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Managing all cash disbursements following approval from the Chief Finance Officer and relevant authorities
• Supporting the Finance Officer –Receivable in the monitoring, reviewing of accountabilities and management of sales/income of generating units.
• Ensuring accurate recording and accountability for cash receipts or refunds and the immediate depositing in the bank.
• Preparing petty cash Imprest expenses /accountability reports and reconciliations for review and approval.
• Ensuring the petty cash file is complete and up-to-date at any point in time.
• Responsible for accurate and timely posting of Petty cash transactions on the accounting system.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates should apply to the Deputy Vice Chancellor not later than, 21st December, 2021. All applications must be accompanied by an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Names and Contact details of three references (including most recent employer), copies of academic certificates and transcripts, a current day telephone contact and email address.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice Chancellor
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O. Box 5498,