Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position & Grade: Business Analyst
Reports to: Operation Analyst
As a Business Analyst, you will be part of the Business Analytics team and will take responsibility for collecting and storing data on sales numbers, market research, logistics and other business behaviors. You will bring technical expertise to ensure and guarantee the quality and accuracy of data collected, then process, design, and present it in ways that help the organization make better decisions.
• Data gathering and mining from primary and secondary sources, assessment, and analysis of said data to turn it into meaningful information for the business.
• Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
• Demonstrating the significance of data analysis in the context of local, national, and global trends that impact both their organization and industry.
• Preparing reports that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
• Collaborating with ICT and management to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system improvement and/or modifications, as well as develop policies for data governance where necessary.
• Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process and duplicate or replicate the analysis if necessary.
• Providing quality assurance of data provided and supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
• Translating business information requirements into non-technical, lay terms for ease of consumption across the business.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or any other related field from an accredited university;
• Minimum three years working experience in a similar role in a busy working environment;
• Possession of Professional Qualification in ACCA or CPA would be an added advantage;
• Excellent command of Spreadsheet tools such as Microsoft Excel of Google Sheets;
• Experience with various ERP/MIS systems such as SAP, Oracle, etc is essential;
• Prior experience with data visualization software such as Power BI, IBM Cognos, Tableau or
Qlik would be an added advantage;
• Knowledge of data base languages such as SQL, R or Python would be an added advantage.
• Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field;
• Possession of analytical and conceptual thinking skills with a fine eye for detail;
• Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases;
• High-level written and verbal communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• (Open Dates: 19th-26th July 2021)
• Please log on to our website https://movitproducts.com/careers
• Check details of the position you would like to apply for (Key Responsibilities and Job Specifications)
• Download the MPL Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an attachment to [email protected]
• Please quote the Name of the job title in the subject line.