Jobs at:KCB Bank Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
26 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, June 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To assist in the development and growth of Bancassurance technical aspects of business acquisition, accuracy of values to be insured, accuracy of quotations, policy wordings and insurance coverage, retention of acquired business through strong renewal engagements both internally and externally.
The job will require the holder to give quality service in all the technical operations of the Bancassurance function. The job will also require that the holder periodically establishes and manages Bancassurance business reports within the framework of KCB Bank Uganda reporting systems as may be provided from time to time.
• Take responsibility as an insurance intermediary for both life and non-life business placement and underwriting end to end process of all the risks placed through the Bank.
• Take responsibility as an insurance intermediary for both life and non-life incurred and reported claims with the end-to-end claims processes.
• To make proactive and clear communications to relevant stakeholders.
• To comply with KCB Bancassurance Policy, Manual and all availed Bank manuals that directly or indirectly support the Bancassurance function.
• To initiate and manage all Bancassurance transactional reconciliations to give an accurate financial position of the Unit to the Bank at all times.
• To prepare and share timely and accurate periodic reports as will be spelt out in the 2021 Balance Score Card.
• To create and manage accurate record keeping files that are accessible to relevant stakeholders at all times.
• To arrange competitive placement of insurance covers through insurers on the Bank’s Bancassurance panel.
• To record all policy details in the Bancassurance tracker and update the Bank shared folder.
• To monitor, follow-up and update the underwriting register on outstanding and paid premiums, commissions and admin fees which inform the Bank’s contribution to the insurance industry through the quarterly returns to IRA.
• To record all claims reported in the Bancassurance claims register and follow-up on the pending claims with insurers.
• To respond to all inquiries as may be required in guidance of the Bancassurance Policy and Manual.
Skills and Requirements:
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria,
• University degree from a recognized and reputable institution, Certificate of Proficiency, and a Diploma in Insurance is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience in Sales, experience in Insurance sales is an added advantage.
• Strong communications, negotiations and interpersonal skills.
• Team Player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Knowledge of current trends and best practice in Insurance & Banking.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.