Jobs at:Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2021
Within Uganda , Wakiso , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Assistant Accountant (1)
Duty Station: Masulita Children Village(MCV) (Masulita) in Wakiso
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure timely requisition of funds from head office and make payments at the Home.
• Ensuring that requisition forms for payments are filled out
• Manage petty cash and follow up accountabilities
• Preparing receipts and payment reports
• Monitoring fuel usage
• To ensure safety and regular repair and maintenance of the assets of UWESO at the Home.
• Maintaining a record of all assets in the Home.
• Stores management.
• Coordinating the repair and maintenance process
• To prepare timely financial management reports of the Home.
• Acting as agent for MCV bank accounts, collecting bank statements and preparing monthly bank reconciliations for the home’s accounts
• Ensuring books of accounts are well updated for submission to head office
• Ensuring all financial documents are filed
• Receive cash of MCV Sales
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• The candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance and Accounting option), or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or equivalent
• A minimum of two years’ working experience in similar post in a reputable organization
• Ability to use computer packages (Dynamics Business Central) for financial reporting.
• Should be a team player and effective communicator.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision.
• High degree of personal integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with copies of academic transcripts, detailed CVs, contact addresses of three professional referees to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Tell: 0392 777 448
Indicate Salary history and salary expectation.
Or Email to: [email protected] . (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB) Deadline: May 20th, 2021 not later than 5 pm.
We shall respond to shortlisted candidates. All invitations for interviews will be done formally.