Area Sales Manager
Jobs at:Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
Deadline of this Job:
14 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa jobs in Uganda
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. In Uganda, CCBA is represented by Century Bottling Company Limited and Rwenzori Bottling Company Limited.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Area Sales Manager based in Kampala.
Asan Area Sales Manager, you will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager.
Key Purpose Statement
To deliver Volume and Revenue growth in all channels and grow customer base and manage accounts. Brilliant execution and sales through their ADsKey
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maximizes allocation of resources in the area (e.g. POS, Coolers)
• Manages and measures sales targets daily and takes corrective action with the team
• Coach and Lead
• Trade and Outlet Execution
• Outlet Development
• Quality Management
• Sales and Market share growth
• Partner with ADs and customers to develop and execute a customer-specific business plan.
• Monitor competitive activities
• Quality Management: Ensure compliance with Quality Standards and Manage Trade Replacements.
• Promotions: Implement promotional plans
• Report promotional deviances with Store Owners/managers
• Execute Promotional Compliance
• Merchandising: Ensure the execution and Implementation of Picture of Success by channel is being done by the ADs.
• Implement stock rotation
• Execute dealer merchandising training
• Order Generation: Sell in Core packs as per Picture of Success
• Orders calculated and captured
• Achieve Sales Targets
• Manage New Product Listings
• Negotiates permanent, promotional, and ad hoc space with customers.
• Executes quarterly (or as per agreement) business reviews by customers.
• Attends frequent trade visits to customer stores with relevant regional personnel
• Understand pack margin and pack role per customer in order to optimize revenue growth.
• Utilize market research and analysis such as Nielsen, loyalty data, etc to formulate programs and feedback to customers.
• Customer Relationships Supports the front line staff in building strong relationships with each customer by:
• Identifying business growth opportunities – (master of execution and brings a different perspective to identify opportunities sales staff may have missed
• Develop, implement and/or manage account-specific programs, promotions, and packs as required and evaluated.
• Builds personal relationships with customers through various interactions such as charity sports days, customer conference participation, corporate golf days, international conferences, and sporting occasions.
• Sales and Marketing share growth
• Manages and measures sales targets daily and takes corrective action
• Allocates execution resources (e.g. POS / coolers / promotional material etc) for maximum return
• Identifies competitor activities and develops and implements response tactics
• Promotions – ensures local and national promotions are implemented effectively
Skills, Experience & Education
• 3 year Sales/ Marketing or equivalent Degree
Post matric sales and marketing qualification.
• Ideally a minimum of 2 years of previous sales experience or equivalent FMCG
• Product & Industry knowledge
• Competitor insights
• Strategic Thinker
• Analytical Skills
• Conflict handling ability
• Good Attention to detail
• Customer focussed & Service orientation
• Commercial/ Industry awareness
• Excellent interpersonal skills / good motivational skills
• An understanding of evolving business needs and how systems can be adapted to meet these needs and add value.
• Good negotiation skills when dealing with customers
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good presentations skills
• Strong administration capabilities Basic Business Acumen
• Intermediate Computer Skills
• Revenue Management
• Coach and Lead: Motivates and inspires subordinates to achieve results
• Hands-on coach in the trade building capability and help identify opportunities
• Builds a vibrant, energized team through a dynamic ‘rallying’ leadership style (daily team meetings)
• Developing great relationships
• Being an ambassador of our company and brands
• Execution: Master coach to drive brilliant execution against standards
• Problem-solving and conflict handling/resolution
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.