3 Business Bankers
Jobs at:Housing Finance Bank
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Grade: HFB 4A
Department: Mortgage & Consumer Banking
Reports To: Branch Manager
Direct Reports: None
Provide a pro-active business banking sales and service management function that will retain and grow a portfolio of SME customers by identifying and implementing value adding and specialized financial product solutions from a range of standard and/or customized offering.
Key Result Areas
• The Business Banker will ensure adherence to the service standards and provide excellent customer service.
• Receive and verify customer documents for account opening, loan facilities, account amendments and any other customer instruction.
• Acquire new business relationships and accounts while growing the portfolio balance sheet as per set targets
• Manage credit and operational risk in account opening and loan processing
• Manage the loan portfolio through active participation in branch Credit Committee meetings, monitor/manage pre-Non Performing Loans (NPLs) and fully recover bank funds.
• Develop and execute an operational plan to support the branch and the Bank’s overall business strategies while delivering targeted achievements on business and institutional client growth, fees/commission and interest income.
• Ensure the provision of adequate and efficient relationship management to business and institutional clients, in terms of quick transaction turnaround and resolution of their queries/ problems.
• Provide timely professional direction/advice on all business and institutional client matters within the Branch/Bank.
Education & Training
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies or a related field from a recognized university
Skills & Experience
• A minimum of two years sales experience in branch business banking
• Good knowledge of the Business Banking value proposition
• Knowledge of risk management and credit principles of banking
• Understanding of financial statements.
• Strong numeracy skills
• Business and financial advisory skills
• Credit and Financial Analysis skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to adhere to all reporting and record-keeping requirements as outlined by Branch Management, head office stakeholders and duly-mandated external parties to ensure compliance to internal and regulatory standards.
• Managing the end-to-end process for all account relationships opened and credit applications initiated to ensure a smooth deal flow whilst meeting / exceeding revenue targets
• Excellent inter-personal skills to enable interaction and the establishment of positive relationships with all Bank employees and support departments.
• Able to maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the Bank’s core values.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their applications with a recent CV, copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, postal and email address and three competent referees not later than Tuesday, 18th January 2022 by 5:00pm to:
Chief Human Resources Officer
Housing Finance Bank,
4 Wampewo Avenue, Kololo
Please take note that all applications should be sent by email to [email protected] . DO NOT HAND DELIVER YOUR APPLICATION.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.