Job Title: – URSB Jobs 2022 Research Officer
Organization: Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Senior Planner
Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) Profile
The Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) is established as a Statutory Body under the Uganda Registration Services Bureau Act Cap. 210. The Bureau is a key player in commercial and civil registrations that facilitate private sector development and vital statistics for national planning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Applying a range of research techniques to gather relevant information, including document analysis, surveys, case studies and interviews;
- Undertaking thorough and comprehensive literature reviews and adopting best practices in conducting research;
- Participate in the development of electronic databases to gather and analyze data.
- Collate and analyze data using statistical and analytical models to find patterns that may reveal opportunities to improve the education sector and inform policy making.
- Compile information drawn from data to help decision makers, prepare research reports and presentations, to provide insights on what the data reveals to facilitate decision-making.
- Design methods and strategies to capture, store and manage data;
- Collect and analyze data on demographics, customer preferences, market needs and consumer business habits in the education sector;
- Examine data and run simulations to identify patterns that may reveal future trends in the education market and sector;
- Collect data from various sources, including internally from workers with specialized knowledge or who experience an issue needing a solution;
- Produce high-quality research reports to ensure a high-level view of significant findings and trends;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Applying a range of research techniques to conduct research in line with the URSB Mandate.
Qualification and Experience
- An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Economics; or Statistics from a recognized University /Institution
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a reputable public or private organization.
- Experience in the application of statistical data analysis tools such as epi-Data, STATA, SPSS
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Computer literacy skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Possess research Skills
- Excellent analysis & report writing skills
How To Apply for URSB Jobs 2022
All interested applicants should submit their applications through the link below:
Deadline: 29th July 2022