Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNICEF Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UNICEF Uganda Profile:
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Under the general guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, the incumbent is accountable for the accomplishment of the stated key end-results by providing professional expertise and assistance in information/data collection, statistics and data analysis, monitoring & evaluation (M&E), preparation of reports, communication and partnership, and in implementing training programmes for national and sub-national data collection, monitoring, evaluation and research capacity building with special attention to the interest, concern and participation of primary stakeholders
The M&E Officer will play a pivotal role in strengthening real time professional expertise for the Basic Education and Adolescent Development and Child Protection Programmes in data collection, analysis, synthesis, and reporting coupled with strengthening partnership and collaboration both internally and externally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
Situation Monitoring and Assessment
- Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office and national partners have timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the country or region, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy, economic or institutional context, to facilitate planning and to draw conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies.
Integrated Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Planning (IMEP)
- Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office and national partners use a well-prioritised and realistic plan of research, monitoring and evaluation activities that will provide the most relevant and strategic information to manage the Country Programme, including tracking and assessing UNICEF’s distinct contribution.
Programme Performance Monitoring
- Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in annual work plans.
- Provide technical support to ensure that a well-prioritized and strategic selection of evaluations at programme or Country Office strategy level is managed in order that each evaluation is designed and carried out with quality process and products and that evaluation results are useful to the intended audience.
M&E Capacity Building
- Provide technical support to ensure that the monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners – government and civil society – are strengthened enabling them to increasingly engage in and lead monitoring and evaluation processes.
Communication and Partnerships
- Provide technical support to ensure that all of the above tasks are carried out and accomplished through effective communication and partnerships.
Minimum Qualifications for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal applicant must hold a University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, advanced statistical research.
- At least two years of relevant professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities as follows:
- Developing country work experience (for IP) or field work experience (for NO)
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
How To Apply for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17 th November 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .