Job Title: – Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022 Data Officer (Restoration of Family Links)
Organization: Uganda Red Cross Society
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager – Restoration of Family Links (RFL)
Uganda Red Cross Society Profile:
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The Data Officer – Restoration of Family Links (RFL) will be responsible for Managing the RFL data and other collected information that supports the RFL Programme at URCS Headquarters. The position will also be responsible for support the Family Links Answers Database and RFL Programme Case Management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to all the Family Links Answers (FLA) Databases
- Prepare and submit personal work plans for activities to the RFL Programme Management and DRM;
- Prepare and share the FLA reports and analysis of cases in the Data base.
- Ensure that clients requesting for Red Cross Restoring Family Links Services are adequately informed about the existing services;
- Enter data and information on RFL in the Data Base.
- Ensure that the different RFL services are available for clients who need the services;
- Update the FLANSWERS database the information/data relating to RLF files under the supervision of the RLF Manager or his Assistant.
- Enter the data concerning the RLF files (people, services, activities) in the FL ANSWERS database in compliance with the user agreement and the procedures in force.
- Send detention documents to the ICRC for archiving in accordance with working and data entry procedures.
- Carry out data controls and, if necessary, corrects the information entered in the FL ANSWERS database
- Create and regularly reviews input procedures and submits proposals for amendments to his direct manager in order to improve the results of the action.
- Check the database for pending files and prepares the list of those requiring RLF monitoring in order to allow effective field monitoring by the Field teams (in Uganda territory and abroad, etc.)
- Support the field team and other service colleagues to enable them to make optimal use of the database.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail from the RLF department and prepare packing slips
- Independently writes memos, letters, cross-site messages, notifications, etc.
- Classifies and follows individual files and Unlisted Cases (CNC)
- Receive beneficiaries for RFL follow-up and refers Detention cases to follow-up to competent ICRC colleagues, if necessary.
- Proactively seeks the information necessary to perform its tasks and responsibilities
- Ensures the processing of incoming and outgoing files: creation of new files, photocopying, filing, archiving of RLF service documents, cleaning.
- Ensure the receipt, sorting, translation, censorship of RCMs as well as distributions in collaboration with the ICRC.
- Prepares lists of pending follow-ups for field follow-up.
- Under the supervision of the RFL Manager and/or his Assistant, support the Field teams during practical training sessions of the National Society on RFL services.
- Carry out occasional RFL field monitoring, at the request of the RFL Manager.
- Receives visitors at the RFL office in connection with the Services for Restoring Family Links (RFL) or others
- Ensure the systematic filing system of all cases that is Case management as per the RFL Guidelines.
- Under the supervision of the RLF manager, prepares a response or ensures that a response is given to external mail falling within his area of responsibility, in order to facilitate follow-up by the Field Officers / RFL volunteers.
- Provide colleagues at the ICRC Tracing Agency with all necessary information concerning the cases they follow up internally and externally.
- Record and processes information (general and specific) accurately and ensuring confidentiality.
- Handle other duties as assigned by the RFL Programme Management.
- Establish adhoc and share monthly RFL statistics with the RFL Manager
- Provide FLA training for all the Users
Minimum Qualifications for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022:
- Minimum Bachelors’ Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Methods, Demography, Population Studies, Economics or any related field an approved, recognized and reputable university.
- Additional training in Project Monitoring & Evaluation, Data Analysis packages is required.
- Minimum of at least 2 years’ relevant work experience creating Databases and Data analysis;
- Experience working in humanitarian field is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Innovation and creatively
- Stakeholder management
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technology awareness
- Policy research and development
- Change capability and adaptability
- Manage resources
- Empowering and building trust.
Knowledge & Skills
- High level of integrity;
- Knowledge of Computer packages like word, Excel, PowerPoint is a MUST;
- Report writing and time management is essential for the applicants;
- Planning and organising;
- People management skills – team building and delegation;
- Diplomacy and Confidentiality;
- Experience of public speaking and/or working with the media.
- Ability to analyse Data using the standard packages is a MUST
How To Apply for Uganda Red Cross Jobs 2022
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand-delivered, and or by post to:
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Email: [email protected]
Deadline : 4th July 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .