Job Title: – Uganda Bankers Association Jobs 2021 Fresher Research Analyst
Organization: Uganda Bankers Association
Duty Station: Kampala
Uganda Bankers Association Profile
Uganda Bankers’ Association is an umbrella organization for licensed commercial banks supervised by the Bank of Uganda. UBA was established in 1981 and is currently made up of 35 members (All 25 licensed Commercial Banks + Uganda Development Bank+ East African Development Bank). Membership of UBA was extended to other supervised financial institutions (SFIs Tier 2&3) under the associate membership category
The Research Analyst performs professional-level analytical work in a variety of assignments in support of the work of the UBA Research Department. The Research Analyst will be responsible for data collection, collation, reporting and analysis. Reporting to the Director Strategy and Innovation, the Research Analyst role will work on pertinent economics and other research related to the banking sector and the country’s economy as a whole. The analyst will also work collaboratively with other professionals across the financial and academic spectrum in Uganda on matters related to finance and the economy. These insights will be aligned with the UBA strategic plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Research Analyst will be required to deliver timely, high-quality research on issues affecting the finance sector and the Uganda economy. They will engage in quantitative and qualitative research, statistical data and information aggregation, analysis and modelling, preparation policy briefs, research papers, presentations and speeches, and will also play a role in the assessment of the economic and social risks as per UBA’s research offering. Specifically, the Research Analyst will be required to:
• Collect and process economic & statistical data using methods of quantitative/qualitative analysis & modelling
• Compile, analyse, and report data, applying models and statistical techniques to explain economic phenomena, and forecast trends or patterns that could guide future decisions in the banking sector
• Present their own work and research findings, and share and disseminate technical knowledge with internal and external audiences through, for example, technical reports or publication of articles.
• Provide background material and research that will assist the Executive Director with policy advice to policymakers.
• Prepare communications from the UBA including policy briefs, presentations, seminars and speeches
• Lead projects assigned by the Director of Strategy and Innovation
• Manage certain aspects of the Annual Banker’s Conference particularly call for research papers organizational working groups
The ideal candidate shall be an economist, finance expert and or banker with sufficient industry exposure and demonstrable experience in strategy execution, innovativeness and application of research outputs.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to:
a) Effectively apply statistical concepts to analysis.
b) Deliver timely, high-quality outputs that meet the specified brief.
c) Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
d) Communicate and listen effectively – Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and proficiency in word, excel, and PowerPoint.
e) Advanced speaking and report-writing skills for effective communication
f) Ability to prepare extensive reports and present findings to companies with clear and concise action advice
g) Experience collecting, interpreting and organizing data
h) Organize, interpret and present information in a meaningful way to diverse audiences.
i) Attention to details and a commitment to accuracy
j) Demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior including ability to keep sensitive business financial information confidential
k) Working knowledge of the target industry and market
Qualifications and Experience:
a) A good degree in economics from a reputable university
b) Additional certifications such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) are preferred
How To Apply for Uganda Bankers Association Jobs 2021
Uganda Bankers’ Association.
Plot 2702, Block 244 Nyangweso Road
Off Kironde Rd, Tankhill Muyenga
P.O.Box 8002, Kampala
Email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 17th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.