Technical Advisor (Performance)
Jobs at:QED Group LLC
Deadline of this Job:
11 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda's development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both
internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources, and deepens local ownership.
Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost effectiveness of programs and operations
Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
ULA is looking for suitable, qualified and experienced candidates for the positions of Technical Advisor (Performance) and Program Advisor (Economic Growth and Market Systems) based in Kampala with potential occasional travel to other parts of Uganda as needed.
Technical Advisor (Performance)
Successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Director of Performance to drive the anticipated 2021-2025 CDCS design and implementation processes in the form of analysis, research, literature reviews, and other knowledge products.
This person will also support in balancing the performance pillar workload by co-facilitating and designing thoughtful processes in collaboration with the CLA specialist to improve CLA and knowledge management products and practice.
• Fully support the Performance pillar in document creation and documenting evidence of adaptive management lessons and key takeaways for USAID technical offices, the program office, and IPs (e.g., summative reports, presentations, case studies, facilitation plans, toolkits, agendas, templates/ forms, surveys, training curricula, roadmaps, etc.)
• Lead the development of learning plans from the anticipated CDCS while implementing cross office learning initiatives like the Mission Learning Platform, youth integration, and private sector engagement
• Provide technical assistance in developing facilitation plans in support of the Learning and Collaboration Pillars
• Responsible for spearheading innovative approaches to engage and strengthen IP learning platforms, such as COVID-19 IP adaptation meetings and MEL Super week clinics.
• On a routine basis, work with the M, E&L team to ensure periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) review of Key Performance Indicators for different project focus areas, paying attention to USAID requirements at various points in time as the project implementation and life cycle evolves.
• Assist the Chief of Party and Director Performance to manage and track various technical program-related tasks coming to their respective desks, prepare technical briefs and presentations to ensure that the tasks are addressed in a timely manner.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor & COP or the Employer
• Master's Degree in International Development, Project Management Development Studies or Business Management or another relevant field
• A least 6 years of professional work experience, including at least 3 years of relevant professional experience project planning & Management of development activities.
• Understanding of USAID and development programming.
• Demonstrated experience supervising, coaching and/or mentoring staff.
• Previous experience with USAID-funded projects is highly preferred
• Demonstrated strong leadership qualities.
• Excellent relationship skills Familiarity with USAID compliance rules and regulations Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. Command of excellent written English is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply online by following this link
You can reach out to [email protected] if you cannot access the link.
The application closes on Friday June 11th, 2021 5:00 pm EAT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Strictly follow the application procedure as failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only online applications will be accepted