Senior Lecturer – Department of Journalism & Communication Studies
Jobs at:Cavendish University
Deadline of this Job:
04 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Cavendish University Uganda (CUU), which commenced operations in 2008 is a leading private University fully licensed by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
CUU’s is Vision to be a model University in Africa that delivers a transformative market relevant quality education that transforms students into Responsible, Educated, Employable and Entrepreneurial Citizens.
The University seeks to recruit competent and highly motivated individuals to the following teaching position;
Position: Senior Lecturer – Department of Journalism & Communication Studies
The position holders shall be responsible for contributing to the design and development of the curriculum, deliver teaching and learning within the quality assurance framework with a major aim of delivering effective teaching and contributing to a scholarly experience for the students.
Required Education Qualifications
• PHD in a field related to Journalism and Communication
• Masters Degree in Journalism or Communication Studies
• Bachelors Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach, engage, inform and inspire students and colleagues through both physical and online delivery of classes
• Develop required teaching material for both classroom and online delivery and contribute to review and update of existing course content.
• Use relevant online resources to create blended learning experience
• Supervise graduate and undergraduate students research projects
• Create and maintain time for student’s consultation and mentorship
• Prepare and administer effective continuous assessment tests and examinations ensuring to provide feedback for continuous learning
• Conduct research in particular fields of knowledge and publish findings
• Contribute to student’s retention and enrolment through quality teaching and student’s engagement.
• Teaching experience at University of at least five years
• Experience in the design, development and implementation of curricula
• Ability to develop online teaching material
• Experience using ICT platforms for delivering teaching
• Excellent communication skills to include written and verbal
• Administrative ability or prior experience is desirable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Suitable and qualified applicants should suit am application, updated CV, copies of relevant academic documents to the Human Resource Office of Cavendish University Uganda. Plot 1469 Ggaba Road or email to [email protected] not later than 4th June 2021.
Cavendish University Uganda is an Equal Opportunity Employer!