is looking for a Research Assistant to support our different research initiatives in close collaboration with our Research Manager. This position involves supporting on the planning, managing, implementation, developing research methodology, liaising with IRB offices, coordinating research activities and enumerators and monitoring of the project(s), drafting reports, external representation etc in order to achieve the project targets as effectively and efficiently as possible ensuring consistency with project workplan.
Reporting: You will report to the Research Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities :
- Conduct research on thematic areas related to digital inclusion, digital resilience and digital rights, including literature reviews, interviews, and focus group discussions,
Support in field research, including the development of research protocol, meeting IRB requirements, developing survey instruments, as well as training and managing enumerators,
- Travel to field sites to collect and record data as appropriate to the specific objectives of the project,
- Support in data analysis and report writing under the guidance of the Research Manager, Researchers and Executive Director, including utilizing platforms such as STATA, Atlas T.I., ensuring quality control and appropriate data management.
2. Communication and Events
- Support the Communication Team to draft briefings, publications and online content aimed at diverse audiences related to the research studies for platforms such as social media, traditional media, webinars, journals etc.
Be prepared to share research findings at convenings, both in-person and in online spaces
3. Capacity Building
- Conduct training on key data skills such as research methodologies, mobile data collection, data analysis, data visualizations, etc.,
Support partners on key data skills as and when required,
- Support in developing curriculum and fostering partnerships with partner organizations to build up the data science ecosystem in Uganda and across our focal countries.
Prior research experience in both quantitative and qualitative methodologies is a MUST.
This is open to Ugandan Nationals Only.
The deadline is September 22nd, 2021. Due to the urgency of hiring for this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close this advertisement before the indicated closing date if sufficient applications are received.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section