Project Assistant / Store Manager
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Within Uganda , Tororo , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President's Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito riets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Abt Associates seeks qualified candidates to fill the positions of District Coordinators and Project Assistant/Store Manager position to be based at the PMI VectorLink Project field office in Tororo, Uganda.
Job title: Project Assistant / Store Manager
Reporting to: Loglstics Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Store Manager supports the project's logistics activities. This position requires frequent visits to the field in various districts during IRS implementation.
• Ensure that commodities used in IRS campaigns are secure, accounted for, and safely stored at the project's district-level stores.
• Receive, deliver, and register IRS commodities, and ensure that storage facilities at the parish-level are ready for IRS operations.
• Take stock of store inventory and prepare gap analysis for procurements. Supervise the parish storekeepers and ensure accurate record keeping.
• Mentor the District Supply Officers in logistics management.
• Participate in training of parish storekeepers in logistics management.
• Advise Logistics Coordinator and Senior Management on logistics and procurement needs. Participate in identification of stores and need for repair at parish level.
• Ensure that all pumps are maintained and serviced prior to IRS spray round.
• Ensure that all IRS waste is sorted, packed, and transported to the waste store.
• Bachelor's Degree in Logistics Management, Administration, or other relevant field, and 2+ years of relevant experience in warehouse and/or logistics management.
• Experience working with international development programs or USAID highly desirable.
• Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision Fluency in English
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application Instructions Instead of sending their Cover Letter, CV and other required documents to the email [email protected] all candidates should apply for this position at: https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/100621