Jobs at:Stromme Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
09 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organization: Stromme Foundation
Job Title: Programme Officer-Bonga
Location: Stromme Foundation Regional Office-Kampala
Reporting to: The Regional Education Manager
The Programme Officer will be responsible for the Out of school Adolescent girls’ empowerment program referred to as Bonga. He/she will ensure effective and timely planning and execution of project work plans; delivering and documenting results; and sharing lessons learned with relevant partners and in relevant advocacy spaces. The programme Officer will work within SFEA's programming mandate and goal of reaching the most vulnerable adolescent girls, boys and young women and supporting them with opportunities to realise their full potential. .
PERFORMANCE AREAS /ACCOUNTABILITIES.
• Participate in development of proposals to other funders for increased resources to the interventions.
• Facilitate and participate in the reviews, evaluations, and other assessments of both interventions to ensure that the interventions are implemented in line with agreed upon plans and targets.
• Manage the Information on the intervention by documenting experiences and results, filing, sharing, and making accessible such information to SFEA.
• Prepare Monitoring reports and share with the Regional Office team after each monitoring visit. Participate in Knowledge networks that can contribute to program growth and visibility of SFEA. Participate in field activities to collect content including taking pictures/videos, writing stories, and updating the organisational social media spaces.
• Be the Focal person in the qualitative and quantitative management and development of the Bonga interventions.
• Guide partners in allocation of Bonga centre shades in Uganda and Tanzania to ensure that centres are located within the community to ensure community participation.
• Ensure that Bonga centres are established in Uganda and Tanzania and animators active in all the centres.
• Work with the partner to enrol participants in Bonga centres in Uganda and Tanzania.
• Ensure that partners carry out in each community at least community theatres highlighting the plight of adolescent girls, boys and youths; and advocating for the rights of adolescent girls and human rights in general.
• Submit bi-weekly updates activities and ensure that the implemented activities are producing the intended results.
• Ensure that Bonga forums are established and operational with at more new participants enrolled in the Bonga forums.
• Participate in the review of partner quarterly reports to ensure that partners' reports on Bonga are true reflection on ground.
• Coordinate with the partners to ensure that Budget utilizations are reflected in the outputs on ground.
Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
• Conduct training for implementing partners on data collection methodologies.
• Prepare informative field reports, identify shortcomings, and make relevant recommendations on a regular basis. Monitor the sustainability of the project's results.
• Plan and manage project and activities at the regional office and in the field.
• Participate in budgeting, work plan development, implementation, and regular reviews to monitor and evaluate progress of the Bonga program.
• Participate in community dialogues, advocacy issues organised by partners and take part in research and training activities at the regional office.
• Come up with new and creative programming approaches and activities to promote organisational goals and ensure that young people are at the centre.
• Well organised, highly motivated, innovative, can manage numerous deadlines, positive attitude, can work with multiple strong personalities, responsible, independent, can overcome challenges. Having the passion to work with young people.
Qualification and experience
• A bachelor's degree in the field of social sciences, economics, education, and development studies.
• Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation will be added advantage.
• At least 3 years working experience working with young people and working with national or international NGO implementing through local NGOs.
• Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web-based management systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Address your application to The Regional Director, Stromme Foundation. Plot 1. Kololo Hill Drive, P.O Box 27200, Kampala and send to the following email address: [email protected] with the subject line "Programme Officer- Bonga" before 9th April 2021 . Please include the following with your submission:
• A thoughtful cover letter that includes why you are interested in this position
• Curriculum Vitae including 3 referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.