Program Coordinator for Quality & Learning
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
09 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Program Coordinator for Quality & Learning (Kampala, Uganda)
While the coordinator must support all efforts related to Strategy 100, they will particularly focus on supporting the Uganda programs transition from Good and Great Standards to the IRC's new "IMPACT Standards." These standards form a framework for driving high-quality programming, by promoting behaviours and using routines and resources that ensure our programming: focuses on being Informed by evidence and learning, Measurement, Partnership with local organizations, being Adaptive to the local context, Client responsive, and Transformative in addressing barriers to equal outcomes for women, girls and/or other marginalized groups. The Program Coordinator reports to the DDP and is based in Kampala, with 35% expected travel to all field sites. .
• Facilitate and track Strategic Planning (30%)
• Programmatic IMPACT Standards and Accountability to Affected Persons (30%)
• Support special project and research grants (30%)
• Internal and External Communications (10%)
• Degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Sciences, Development Economics, or a similar field (Master's degree preferred).
• Four to six years of experiences focusing on program quality in the humanitarian or development sectors, with increasing levels of seniority. Given that the IMPACT Standards are new and are broad, it is not expected that a given candidate will have directly relevant experience in all components of IMPACT. Instead, candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in at least some aspects of program quality and should also be able to demonstrate a propensity for learning and teaching across diverse topics within program quality.
• Minimum one year international experience working in a humanitarian or development setting.
For the Full Job description and more information on how to apply, please visit the link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/14308?c=rescue or our website www.rescue.org/careers
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
National Candidates: We strongly encourage national candidates to apply for this position. The IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity: We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gendersensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.