Program Advisor (Economic Growth and Market Systems)
Jobs at:QED Group LLC
Deadline of this Job:
11 June 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of the USAID Learning Activity (ULA) is to further strengthen USAID/Uganda performance and improve the performance of its implementing partners, with a focus on collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), in order to enhance the impact and sustainability of USAID-supported contributions to Uganda's development. The ULA will achieve this through three objectives:
Collaboration: Strengthened collaboration, both
internally and with external stakeholders, enables USAID to better leverage expertise, learning and resources, and deepens local ownership.
Learning: Systematic learning, through applied research, monitoring and evaluation, informs and improves the relevance, quality and cost effectiveness of programs and operations
Performing: Adaptive management of program implementation and meta-level interventions to improve the quality of USAID program outcomes.
ULA is looking for suitable, qualified and experienced candidates for the positions of Technical Advisor (Performance) and Program Advisor (Economic Growth and Market Systems) based in Kampala with potential occasional travel to other parts of Uganda as needed.
Program Advisor (Economic Growth and Market Systems)
The person will be empowered to proactively integrate USAID learning cycle processes into a cohesive project management approach, resulting in collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) for improved development results. Further, he/she will support USAID/Uganda in monitoring the work of implementing partners.
• Monitor implementing partner (IP) performance,
• helping to ensure the quality and accuracy of IP data and reporting, IP compliance with U.S. Government policies and regulations, and progress toward results. Meet USAID/Uganda reporting requirements.
• Activity and IP support advisory services: continuous advisory services support related to USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) guidance on project management, overall program cycle, and specific monitoring, evaluation, and learning requirements for effective management of activities.
• Knowledge gathering: external evidence synthesis, literature reviews overall evidence tracking, outcome and output data culls from USAID reporting systems directly from Activity IPs as needed; relevant data and evidence gathering from other USAID activities with potential impact on respective assigned tasks
• Knowledge management: Theory of Change tracking, assumption monitoring, internal SMT updates on activity progress; support Theory of Change refinement
• Knowledge dissemination: internal and external presentations on relevant knowledge for cross activity management and collaboration. Prepare briefing papers, success stories and other outreach documents.
• Collaboration and engagement: ideation, supported design, and facilitation of project collaboration activities, including internal USAID collaboration and external collaboration with IPs or other partners; stakeholder mapping and analysis; relationship building with external project partners as needed.
• Activity coordination support: activity site visits, regular meetings with Activity leadership and MEL leadership points of contact, and plan for USAID/ Uganda workshops, learning events, assessments, evaluations, and site visits.
• Bachelor's in Development Studies, Economics, or another relevant field
• At least 5 years' experience working closely with or directly on USAID, USG, or other similar donor projects
• Understanding of USAID and development programming
• Understanding of development partner and host country government development landscape, key stakeholders, and potential USAID partners within respective project focus areas
• Knowledge of USAID project management processes and overall program cycle, including monitoring, evaluation, and learning practices and policy, extensive knowledge of USAID ADS 201
• Strong analytical skills and a deep attention to details
• Clear communication skills in both written and oral forms. Accuracy and fluency in written and spoken English, additional fluency in any of Uganda's local languages preferred.
• Ability to work independently and excellent time management. Ingenuity, ability to generate ideas for a variety of activities, propose new courses of action, suggest appropriate, mitigated risks
• Relationship building skillset, ability to understand and respond to project management needs and develop trust
• Synthesis, ability to gather information from disparate sources and connect the dots to form a coherent picture of project progress and external circumstances, ability to tell a compelling story with evidence
• Proactive, ability to take on new tasks with little direction, chart a course of action, advise dients, colleagues, and supervisors on possible opportunities and challenges
• Collaborative, ability to work with colleagues and partners across sectors and outside traditional functional expertise in order to catalyze activity toward shared objectives
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply online by following this link
You can reach out to [email protected] if you cannot access the link.
The application closes on Friday June 11th, 2021 5:00 pm EAT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Strictly follow the application procedure as failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only online applications will be accepted