Job Title: (GNO project) – Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021 Project Officers
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Nebbi District
Plan International Profile:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The overall responsibility of this position is to manage day to day implementation of the project interventions in Nebbi and Madi Okollo districts and targeted schools working in collaboration with other members of the project team and other project stakeholders (local government, NGO partners, Communities). He/she will ensure that the project activities are implemented in a timely and efficient manner in a bid to contribute to improved access, enrollment and attendance. He/she directly implements project supported interventions to achieve the set objectives and targets. He/she will be a member of the Education and ECD team at Program Area level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure high-quality collaboration and coordination is maintained for effective and efficient implementation of Project interventions by all stakeholders.
- He/she will support district and sub-district education stakeholders in the implementation of all Project interventions supported by Plan International Uganda. He /she will work with the respective district Education Technical working Committees for smooth coordination, data collection and timely documentation of all Project activities.
- Support mobilize communities and advocate for enrollment and retention of out of school children especially girls in project target primary and secondary schools.
- Support conduct planning meetings and come up with ways of addressing any gaps that are identified including supporting district stakeholders during supervision and monitoring of Project activities.
- Support Orientation of key district stakeholders on the implementation of Project activities-what it requires, implications, roles and responsibilities-action Plan for the district
- Support organize and conduct Project reflection and review meetings at team, district and school levels that bring on board different stakeholders.
- Support project stakeholders conduct quarterly project monitoring and support supervision visits and meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Primary/Secondary Education, Child Development, Development Studies, Social Sciences or any relevant field with wide demonstrated relevant experience working with International Non-Governmental Organisations.
- At least two years of progressively professional work experience in design, implementation and evaluation of primary/secondary education programmes.
- Excellent coordination and organization skills. Able to work in a matrix environment and keep track of multiple priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing, donor compliance and budget management.
- Ability to Identify and synthesis the best practices and lessons learned to promote knowledge management and sustainability.
- Ability to work in hard to reach hard to stay areas and familiar with programming for vulnerable children especially young girls and boys.
- Establishes effective partnerships with external stakeholders
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Powerpoint presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web-based research.
- Experience in gender mainstreaming and gender equality and inclusion in humanitarian programming
- Experience working with Education or Child protection programmes.
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to submit their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 23rd Mar 2021 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.