Job Title: Fresher Monitoring and Results Measurement Officer – Palladium Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
About NU-TEC MD Project:
NU-TEC MD is a seven-year DFID funded programme that aims to increase the incomes and climate resilience of poor men and women in northern Uganda (NU) by (a) stimulating sustainable, pro-poor growth in selected agricultural markets and (b) improving the position of poor men and women within these market systems, to make them more inclusive for poor people. Palladium manages the programme on behalf of DFID.
The Monitoring and Results Measurement Officer will be part of the MRM team. S/he will be responsible for assisting in the creation of a strong, effective link between the programme’s MRM activities and Intervention Managers, for proposing appropriate intervention-level research approaches and for supporting the design of data collection, analysis and dissemination strategies and tools. S/he will also support Intervention Managers to conduct research and gather information for their work with private sector actors and implementation of their monitoring plans. S/he will work to ensure a culture of data use among programme staff and respond to their data needs.
The NU-TEC MD staff work as an integrated team. The Monitoring and Results Measurement Officer will be expected to contribute to other research aspects of the programme, such as gender, policy and environmental assessments, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support Intervention Managers in developing monitoring plans for interventions with private sector actors within their market sectors.
- Work with the MRM Manager to assist Intervention Managers (IMs) in the design of effective research tools, methods and plans for gathering information that can inform programme strategies and capture intervention results.
- Support IMs in designing Theory of Change and results chains
- Contribute to programme strategies by providing data on intervention performance in a timely and accurate manner;
- Support Intervention Managers in gathering relevant information for their various interventions, identifying knowledge gaps and developing strategies to fill those gaps;
- Provide feedback on reports and data analysis to facilitate the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to donor reports;
- Collect farmer household level data with support from data collectors on a quarterly basis;
- Ensure data collectors capacities are built, and are compliant with the NU-TEC MD MRM guidelines on partner relationship management and confidentiality;
- Build capacity of partners and village agents on data collection, interpretation and use of information to improve market intelligence and business performance;
- Identify most significant case studies for the programme media consultant to document, as and when required;
- Support commissioned market surveys (such as MSAs);
- Support coordination and logistics of internal research and external evaluation;
- Support Annual Review process and follow-up and quality assurance of programme data;
- Support field level tracking of both quantitative and qualitative data;
- Manage data collection electronic devices (phones or tablets)
- Support supervision of data collectors and ensure data quality, verifying and approving data for submission into the online MIS system;
- Support any other MRM tasks and functions as and when requested;
- Support the NU-TEC MD programme team with any other duties assigned
- The applicant must hold a degree or similar qualification in Statistics, Economics or any other social science with a quantitative element;
- Experience in designing, managing and implementing research projects;
- Experience in survey development and data collection instruments for programme monitoring;
- Experience with different measurement and evaluation frameworks and techniques, such as the logical framework approach and theories of change and organizational learning, including participatory techniques;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and general working knowledge of ICT and computers is essential;
- Previous data analysis experience using Microsoft Excel or any other data analysis tool (STATA, SPSS, etc.);
- Previous experience in private sector development programmes and/or understanding of inclusive and market systems development, including gender issues
- Knowledge of the institutions, organizations and/or businesses providing services to the agricultural sector in Uganda;
- Experience or knowledge of relevant Northern Ugandan agricultural markets;
- Fluency in Lango, Acholi or Luo language will be an added advantage.
How To Apply for Palladium Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 26th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.