Officer Financial Investigations - (210002B)
Jobs at:Uganda Revenue Authority
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2021
Within Uganda , Nakawa , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Role/ Purpose:
Implement assigned roles in the investigation of cases and gather admissible evidence to aid in the prosecution of tax offenders .
1. Develop the Investigation Planning Memorandum to guide in the investigation of suspected tax fraud
• Study Intelligence report from intelligence to understand the background of the case
• Carry out further intelligence into the target profile in order to get additional information where the information obtained is inadequate.
• Review internally available information on the case being handled to confirm risks identified by the intelligence unit
• Identify the critical activities to be performed during investigation.
• Prepare IPM and submit to the immediate supervisor for review
2. Collect and analyze data in order compute any evaded taxes and to identify possible admissible evidence in the prosecution of tax offenders.
• Engage the clients to provide specific information required to further the case as directed by the division head.
• Prepare seizure documents for review by the line manager where information is to be obtained through seizure exercise.
• Carry out the assigned activities in preparation for and during the seizure exercise and prepare the post seizure report
• Prepare minutes of the proceedings during engagements with the clients
• Compile and analyze data collected from the client, 3rd parties and internal sources to identify inconsistencies and variances.
3. Prepare reports on the allocated tasks to feed into the investigation reports that facilitate further decision making on cases Prepare a Preliminary-Investigation report with findings and recommendations from the analysis and submit to the line supervisor for review.
• Prepare a Preliminary Investigation Report to provide recommendation on the way forward of the case under investigation
• Prepare a final investigations report with client after the reconciliation meeting with the client for review and approval
• Prepare and document evidence that may be required to defend the tax position in case of civil litigation
• Coordinate with operational departments and monitor compliance actions undertaken on the investigated cases and report on any anomalies.
• Draft periodic reports for the team in line with the set guidelines
• Compile and index the Investigation files
• Draft Management letters to client and Domestic taxes department recommending collection of taxes outstanding for review
• Prepare other communications to internal and external clients for review and further administration
1. Essential Requirements
• An honor's bachelor’s degree in either; Business Commerce, Business Administration, Business Computing, Quantitative Economics, or Law
2. Desirable Requirements
• Certified Fraud Examiner
• Post graduate diploma in any of the above qualifications
• Experience in financial management in a reputable organization.
• Knowledge of applicable laws and the URA policy.
• Knowledge in finance and taxation
Special Skills and Attributes
• S/he should have the ability to analyze large volumes of data using applicable data analysis tools
• S/he should possess good Investigative and Intelligence skills
• S/he should have good Interpersonal skills
• S/he should have good Communication skills
• S/he should be able to work as part of a team
• S/he should have good research and evidence gathering skills
• S/he should be flexible and have ability to under pressure and deliver results
• S/he should have Good problem analysis and solving skills
• S/he should have a high level of integrity
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.