Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) Manager
Jobs at:Heifer Project international
Deadline of this Job:
02 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Heifer Project international (Heifer) is a leading International development organization working to end hunger and poverty while caring for the earth. Heifer’s work is focused on improving the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and building resilience among local communities.
For 75 years now, the “Teach a man to fish" philosophy continues to inspire Heifer international’s work to end world hunger and poverty once and for all and has transformed the lives of millions. Heifer has set 115 million men, women and children on a path toward living income, an income sufficient for a decent standard of living and by so doing, Heifer is moving entire communities along the path from hunger and poverty to greater resilience. At Heifer, we believe that the collective power of economic development, food security and nutrition, and environmental sustainability can empower small-scale farmers on the path to living incomes. When those components are multiplied by the positive impacts of gender equality and social capital, communities achieve greater resilience and a sustainable reduction in hunger and poverty. Heifer international Uganda is currently seeking to fill the vacant position below.
Heifer international is currently seeking to fill One (1) vacant position for the East Africa Youth inclusion Program (EAYIP). This is a five (5) year program currently in year five (5) of implementation. The program that focuses on increasing incomes through enterprise development and youth employment in the Eastern and Central regions of Uganda.
Title: Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) Manager
Reports to: Project Director- EAYIP
Contract Duration: 12 months
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration tor employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things. or status as a qualified individual. with disability. .
Bachelor's Degree in International Development, Community Development, Rural Development, Project Planning and Management, Quantitative Economics and/or Statistics, or an equivalent with an academic focus on Monitoring and Evaluation plus ?ve (5) years of direct relevant experience in MLE management of large-scale projects.
• Solid MLE experience, gained in working in the development context
• Demonstrated social research experience
• Experience in supporting and monitoring field-based programs in the country
• Proven experience in staff and partner training
• Experience managing research projects across multiple stakeholders
Most Critical Proficiencies
• Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented
• A good understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and the environment, and knowledge of the context in which non-profit organizations operate
• Knowledge of youth workforce development issues, especially in rural communities of the East Africa region
• Good understanding of the different value chains within the agricultural sector
• Knowledge of enterprise development and linkages to poverty alleviation
• Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail
• Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions to document and disseminate industry information, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and advocate‘ within the industry
• Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet
• Demonstrated proficiency in English, both oral and written
• Ability to work in a team
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
• Ability to prepare and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail
• Ability to understand, appreciate and implement Heifer‘s Values-Based Holistic Community Development model
• Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions
• Quantitative and qualitative approaches to evaluation and ability to communicate MLE concepts clearly with leadership, partners, and staff at all levels
• Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of direct reports and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff
• Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in various locations
• Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout EAYIP protect sites in Uganda and Tanzania
• May require constant sitting; working at a computer and focusing for extended periods of time and performing office environment activities while on the road and/or in remote conditions
• Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
• Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For detailed job descriptions and to apply, please go to
Deadline: Friday, 2nd April 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.