Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Gulu, Uganda – ICYD Activity
Jobs at:Education Development Center
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Within Uganda , Gulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will carry out monitoring and evaluation activities including data collection and reporting on project outcomes. The M&E Officer will oversee Zonal data collection, consolidate and analyze monitoring data and draft reports, conduct specific research activities, and conduct regular Data Quality Assessment (DQA). This position reports to the Senior Zone Manager in Gulu and will work in close collaboration with the M&E Specialists in Kampala. This is a full-time position based in Gulu, Uganda.
Essential functions include (but not limited to):
• Assist with establishing monitoring and evaluation system using relevant M&E Toolkit.
• Contribute to the implementation of the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan.
• Coordinate and assist monitoring and evaluation data collection activities, including logistics of form distribution and collection.
• Coordinate and assist data processing, including data transfer, entry, verification, and cleaning.
• File forms according to compliance protocols.
• Coordinate internal communication on M&E progress and results.
• Coordinate temporary M&E staff or consultants (e.g. data entry personnel).
• Assist with M&E database management.
• Provide other support to M&E team, as needed.
• Work with government and non-government partners to implement M&E activities
• Actively participate in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project; and
• Other duties, as assigned.
The candidate for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences, statistics, quantitative economics, or related field.
• Postgraduate M&E qualification is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years’ experience with M&E systems, data collection, and reporting.
• Experience with monitoring program implementation in development projects where research and data analysis skills have been applied, preferably in one or all of these sectors: basic education, youth development, and/or OVC esp. PEPFAR/USAID programs.
• Experience in electronic data collection, data cleaning and verification, as well as data processing.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel for data analysis, including use of formulas, functions and calculations to analyze data required. Knowledge of Excel + Power Query to clean, merge, pivot/un-pivot and transform data preferred.
• Ability to use both quantitative (e.g., SPSS, Stata, etc.) and qualitative (e.g., QDA Miner, NVivo) software for data analysis a plus.
• Ability to generate queries for SQL databases a plus.
• Ability to balance work in a team environment while working with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational, communication, computer, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Luo languages is recommended
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply